Fear my simulated paint! Update: Client

Started by
392 comments, last by smart_idiot 19 years, 10 months ago
Awh, fooburger.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Advertisement
Just wanted to congratulate you on that... Of course it looks great, but on top of that I have to admit it was more fun than I would have thought to check it out multiplayer-like too. Great job, from concept right down to execution!

-Arek the Absolute
-Arek the Absolute"The full quartet is pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Create a game which involves all four, and you risk being blinded by the sheer level of coolness involved." - Superpig
Art by the peoples of GameDev.Net:
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Quote:Original post by smart_idiot
Art by the peoples of GameDev.Net: img src=http://smart-idiot.no-ip.com/misc/hitlar.jpg>

OMG I was just about to post that.

Sadly, I joined in pretty late, after most of it had been drawn. [sad]

How many people were in there? I never knew that paint could be that fun ...
Quote:Original post by adventuredesign
I think this in great. I hope you have a market channel. This is great for mom's who don't want their kids to get covered in fingerpaints. In fact, if you haven't named the product yet, and the name is not taken, FingerPaint would be a pretty good one, cause it focuses and plainly indicates value fast, two good aspects of product naming. Tie this into a touch screen the kid can digitally dabble their finger on and into, then smear all over the screen, and you've really got something for Monkey Planet.

I'd go after the mom's who don't want to have stains of paint to clean everywhere and forget going after the kids, go after the moms who want their kids to have it.

Remember, the customer does not want a drill, they want a hole.

Good job. Have a beer if you are of legal drinking age in your state on me. Why don't you write PayBeer next? A program that spits out a credit voucher payable in beer at a local pub so you can buy somebody a beer online digitally when you can't make it there to do it yourself. Consider it an alternative to PayPal. I want ten percent, of course. In legal currency, not beer, please, that's what a good idea is worth at least, right? ;P

Addy

Hell, this is great for ADULTS - I can see such a product getting CONSTANT use in remote client meetings and meetings among teams of designers when brainstorming. Keep it up, and be sure to add Wacom support and layers, and you've got a KILLER product on your hands! Doesn't need filters/etc., just tools for simulation pencils, pens, airbrushes, etc.; in fact, if you could make it like Alias Sketch, but w/ the ability for multiple users to use the program at the same time, you'd have a KILLER product on your hands, one you could easily sell for $100-$150/license for "collaborative design processes."

Rock ON! :)
-Nick "digisoap" RobalikWeb & Print Design, 2D & 3D Illustration and Animation, Game Designhttp://www.digital-soapbox.com[email=nick@digital-soapbox.com]nick@digital-soabox.com[/email]
It dies on startup with a 'Cannot find alleg40.dll" error box. Shouldn't you be packaging that with your app?
Quote:Original post by OrangyTang
It dies on startup with a 'Cannot find alleg40.dll" error box. Shouldn't you be packaging that with your app?

Isn't that the second link he put up after the link to the app?
Excellent program!
Quote:Original post by SiCrane
Quote:Original post by OrangyTang

Isn't that the second link he put up after the link to the app?

Oops, silly me. I blame my inability to read phonetic text. :P

Now I just get a red tinted dark screen which doesn't do anything. :(
As always, awsome work!

The funny thing is just recently I was thinking of a massively multiplayer paint program.

I left a message in there but I decided it would be best to leave it here instead since it will be overwritten even if I leave the client on all night :) (Does it ever start to delete lines?)

It lags quite a bit for me in spurts, and raising the priority didn't seem to fix the problem much.

Great stuff :)
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement