ai self-consciousness

Started by
58 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:Original post by Xior
i would suggest putting in every grammar book in existence, grammar would be the key to understanding the rest of the information we'd give it.

It's time for you to just shut up.

people who are better at grammar i assume are better readers, so by it understanding grammar it could understand the rest of the words and sentences we give it.
Advertisement
lol internet
Xior... are you a programmer? If you are not, I suggest reading a little about computer architecture and computer programming.

Lets put it this way. Think about life. Every living creature we know is made of CHON structures. (Carbon, Hidrogen, Nitrogen and Oxigen). Now, you can pick these elements and mix them in your kitchen, but you wont get life.

You can mix more complex elements like Calcium, Iron, Water, but a life beingwont come out of your kitchen.

You can buy a head an arm, an eye, fingers, torso and stick inside albert einsteins brain. Stitch all together put that golem in your roof and wait for a storm in order to shout 'Its alive!!!' but you will get only a fried golem.

You wont get life because there is something missing. And thats the question everyone asks... what is life.

With your idea happens the same thing. We currently have millions of computers connected in a network with terabyes of information flowing everywhere like the electric pulses in a brain. And that brain holds almost every book in existence. That idea which you proposed is already there... a network similar to a brain is already there.

But we still lack something... life...

So, if you want to make your idea happen, get a book and start studying so you can help in the development of that idea instead of pointing that which is already obvious.

Luck!
Guimo

God, are you stupid!?
How would the computer distinguish anyword from any other word, just by a = sign. So then we're reverting back to the true/false-0/1 thing. Good job, captain stupid. Jesus, dumb people piss me off.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
God, are you stupid!?
How would the computer distinguish anyword from any other word, just by a = sign. So then we're reverting back to the true/false-0/1 thing. Good job, captain stupid. Jesus, dumb people piss me off.

it would create a complicated mathetmatical situation you wouldn't understand of increasing and different possible outcomes. somewhere in that it might make sense of something. (something better and more complicated than true/false which would create a real intelligence) and after it understands grammar, it would be able to distinguish words like humans do (by meaning, context, part of speach, position in sentence, phrase, etc.)
Sorry Xior, we want to talk to you but you are just not listening.

May I ask for the judgement of the moderator in order to stop this?

Thanks!
Guimo
Xior, what's your background in business, AI, and programming?
No reason to flame him.... its just a theory, although most poeple would have read all of those reason why it wont work would have rethought the whole idea....

But if you think about it, it cant work. How can a computer understand? How can a computer know the definition of a word? A definition of a word is made up of words!

A computer simply can't understand words.

But when I first read your theory, I thought it would work, but after all of these posts with proof against it, and the point that i just said in this post, it won't work.

Good try though
just an example... if you gave this AI the folowing word:

Box

AI: what does that mean? *looks up box...

"A container typically constructed with four sides perpendicular to the base and often having a lid or cover."

AI: what is a container? *looks up container...

"A receptacle, such as a carton, can, or jar, in which material is held or carried."

AI: what is a receptacle? *looks up receptacle...

"A container that holds items or matter."

AI: I still dont know what container is... crap! *AI explodes

how will the computer know what a box is aside from an object with 6 sides? it looks up its other equivalent definition which gives the mathematical formula for a box along with an explaination that a box can be placed in a room near a lamp shade. now its not just a box, but can be put in a 3d environment with other objects and clear boundaries in 3 dimentions. it knows everything you know about boxes and more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement