Started by
45 comments, last by Luke Philpot 18 years, 11 months ago
Radeon 9700 128 mb
P4 2.4 ghz
768 mb ram

(it was with the newest update though)

hope that helps
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Advertisement
YES, yes it does... the whole reason im here is to try to get Subliminal working on non-NV cards (developed on a 6600GT, and i recieved a nasty shock a month ago when Subliminal completely freaked out when run on an ATI card).

Also what driver are you using?

-Twixn-

I am Me...you cant argue with THAT can you!!!
Hrm good question, its the newest, i dont usually bother looking at version numbers... uh.... catalyst 6.14.10.5014

(out of curiosity, have you used GLSL? if you have, which do you prefer between it and CG (well i guess CG is the obvious answer since that IS what you used for your demo haha) im thinking that because of the "Crappy" performance of GLSL, i may go with GLSL instead, and im trying to feel it out)

thanks/hope that helps
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Well, i used to use both (a flag decideing which to use)...but then i tended towards GLSL. on NV cards its ok, the performance is exactly the same as Cg (as NV's GLSL compiler is actually the Cg 1.3 compiler).

However, GLSL is very inconsistant between cards. i like Cg now as its 'external' (the driver's get the final ASM shaders) and the same for everyone (i dist the .dll's to make it easyer)...but every driver has a different implimentation of GLSL...and one shader will run fine on one, yet get heaps errors on another (specially NV as they jumped the spec since all they had to do was make a new front-end for Cg).

Thats too bad, as i like GLSL's interface.

Anyway, Glad to hear Subliminal runs smoothly. Although, i need to get EXT_tex_rect going for one of the effects.

-Twixn-
If it ain't to much trouble, could you please post some screenshots of the game as it should look?
Just to see how much stuff that doesn't work on my laptop :-P (don't get me wrong, it has a 9700 Pro ;-))
Killers don't end up in jailThey end up on a high-score!
hey, game looks great. Works fine for me. Good job man.

heres my system..

AMD 3800+
6800ultra
2gig ram

looks very cool, it started off quite slow (10fps or so) and slowly worked its way up to between 40 and 45fps.

Test system specs:

Dual PII 700Mhz processors
512MB RAM
Nvidia FX 5900 with 128MB video memory

Cool demo, ~SPH
AIM ME: aGaBoOgAmOnGeR
nife: in theory, everything should work for you (except the Grav Gun post processing effect, because i forgot to support EXT_tex_rect)...there as some screenshots of the release before this one (bout 1-2 months ago) on my site (http://www.twixn.com/SBMLf.htm LOL, and dont bag my site :P).

jake_Ghost: thanks, LOL it has no problems on 6800's...you tried the Grav Gun didnt you (its what im most proud of :D)

ShmeeBegek: id say the reason its so slow is because of the physics, and a few other things that are done in software atm (like sprite calculation, and that one ragdol's bone transformation)...its not multi threaded so the bottleneck on your sys is the CPU. later on, when i start shifting calculations to the hardware, it will become faster for you.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments.

-Twixn-

[EDIT] the new fix is uploaded:
SBMLfix.zip

it supports EXT_tex_rect, so that ATI hardware that doesnt support OpenGL2.0 atm (but still 9500+) can use the post-processing effects...so if you have such a card, use the grav gun with this new fix.[/EDIT]
very nice. shadows still screwed on boxes, but i could spend all night grabbing them and piling them up. top notch old boy! particularly like the warping effect round the grav gun. ++

athlon 2800+
radeon 9800pro
win xp - sp2
Bugger...i have no idea why the boxes' shadows are freaking out...has to be the shader or something.

Thanks, i plan to make a rail gun type weapon next, using warping effects instead of sprites and volume lines (the grav gun and Pulse Rifle).

Looks, like i have more work to do...(sigh) friggen shadows :p

-Twixn-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement