Your dream car

Started by
64 comments, last by AvengerDr 18 years, 10 months ago
I was watching a Top 10 cars programme on Discovery today and they put Aston Martin in the second (or was it the third?) position, at which point I made myself a moral promise that I will own that car one day. And uh no - it wasn't the old model that Bond used to drive - it was new and drop dead gorgeous sexy one - perfect blend of modernism and retro, digital and analog. And I can't find a picture of it! It was a convertible, much more streamlined (lower or "shallower") than the DBR9, poison green (what can I say - the color is just as important as the car itself) and I totally fell in love with it. Does anyone know which car I'm talking about because Google isn't helping me too much. In the meantime, post your dream car (don't forget to include pictures*! - I will, too, when I find one). PS - when you post an image or a name, post its specifications as well! edit: hmm - apparently Aston Martin's only producing three major lines (links will include Flash components): The V12 Vanquish S, the DB9 and the V8 Vantage I'm pretty sure it was none of the ones I saw before, but since DB9 is the only convertible, I'll post an image of it (specs available at the clicky above). The DB9 Volante * no screenshots, please [Edited by - Crispy on July 1, 2005 7:54:59 PM]
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Advertisement
I did a similar topic not long ago.
Here is my future car:

Koenigsegg CCR

Engine: Supercharged V8 | Power: 806 hp | Torque: 920 Nm
Acceleration: 0-100 km/h: 3,2 s | Topspeed: 395+ km/h | Chassis:
Carbonfibre semi-monocoque | Body: Carbonfibre, Kevlar
Aerodynamics: 0,297 Cd | Weight: 1180 kg

Costs somewhere between USD$300k and USD$500k.

[Edited by - Hedos on July 1, 2005 7:05:47 PM]
Delorian
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Quote:Original post by PnP Bios
Delorian

Delorean
On wednesday I bought this (almost) exact model:

the Honda Civic LX 5-speed Coupe (Shoreline Mist), 115hp @ 6100rpms, 110lb-ft torque @ 4500rpms. 38mpg on the highway, and I seem to be getting all of it, so far. I got it for $500 under invoice (so about 1,900 under the MSRP, before fees, taxes, tags, etc). This is picture the EX trim level (you can tell because the mirrors are painted). Sweet little car, I love it.

But my dream car... hmm...
I might get one of these whenever I'm up for a new car (5 or 6 years), though I'll probably get a slightly more civilized body style.

The Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Retailing at over 30K, with about 300hp.

if money were no object:

The Porsche 911 Turbo GT2, at about 477hp it retails for more than a quarter million dollars.

[Edited by - capn_midnight on July 1, 2005 7:10:02 PM]

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Don't post just pictures! Post car model and make as well as basic parameters as well!
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
I'd like a 1971 El Dorado Brougham in perfect condition. Too bad that's damn near impossible.
"ok, pac man is an old gameand, there are faces which is eatin up shits" - da madface

I fell in love as a child with those babies, and will quest to get one. Reliant Robin....either that or a Reliant Regal Van (think "Del Boy")

Edit: This isn't a joke either.

[Edited by - Richy2k on July 1, 2005 11:51:58 PM]
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
My dream car doesn't exist. It will be something I (hopefully) put together.
I've always wanted a car that reminds me of an ... elevator

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement