3H-GDC m.II **** The results are in ****

Started by
149 comments, last by Binomine 18 years, 8 months ago
When I first read the subject I was thinking this was going to be about some computer virus someone can't get rid of.. =P A thought.. perhaps announce a simple theme to void out those who have pre-existing projects but basically anything goes otherwise. I imagine for a 3 hour compo you already have to be pretty comfortable with what you are going to be working with.

---
Michael Tanczos
Advertisement
Assuming that I'm home on Sunday, I'll enter a game. In the mean time, I will, uh, practice.
I have a theme, I will announce it on Sunday at the start of the contest.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Remember, if you have base code that you would like to use, you need to post it by tomorrow night.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

But thats 5am monday morning here! that's just plain cruel..... [sad]
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Permissable to use PopCap game framework?

Get off my lawn!

Quote:Original post by TANSTAAFL
Permissable to use PopCap game framework?

As long as you abide by the lisence agreement, I don't see why not. I just read over the information on the site and it actually looks pretty cool. When I get home tonight I will register and download the framework to fully evaluate it, but it doesn't look like it should be a problem.

If there are more than twenty legitimate entries, then I'll donate to the winner any programming-related book or books whose total retail value (not including shipping) is below $100. (Disclaimer: If you win, you'll need to provide certain personal information required for shipping, like your name and address. Or, if you live near Charlottesville, I can just give it to you.)

Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
If anyone wants to volunteer as a Judge ...

I'll volunteer:

Processor: Pentium D 2.8 GHz dual-core EM64-T
GFX: Sapphire X800 Pro 256 MB
Memory: 2048 MB (4 x 512 MB) DDR2 RAM PC2-4300
Sound: Sound Blaster Pro
Other Software: Java 5, Microsoft.NET 1.1, Microsoft.NET 2.0, DX 9.0c (June 2005)

Quote:*I believe prizes of greater value require some sort of legallitization stuff. Is there a lawyer-wanna-be in the house?

Can you be more specific? This isn't a sweepstakes (where everybody has an equal chance) -- it's a competition -- so most of those kinds of rules don't apply.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Can base code include stuff like math libs and error handling etc? Also, would you really want it all - renderers, yes, but input & sound managers and math libs just seem a bit pointless... they never really vary in quality like renderers do.

-Mezz
I wanna volunteer to judge, system specs as follows:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 512MB DDR
GFX: Radeon 9800 Pro 128
Sound: On Board
Other Software: Java 5, .Net 1.1, DX9c, and anything else needed (willing to download).
---------------Full Time Musician: Staggerin' Monks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement