My First Game!!!

Started by
23 comments, last by PaulJ 23 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I just finished a test demo of my first freeware game. I''m hoping to get some input from others on what I could do better to improve this game. Im still working on improving the AI and stuff. check it out at: http://members.home.net/129561/LS.html Thanks PaulJ
Advertisement
That''s cool, did you code all the graphics routines yourself or use some sort of library? Very nice.
I wrote all the graphic routines. I''m currently updating and improving collision and AI, then I will work on levels and Boss like characters with different weapons. I''m glad you liked the Test demo. This is a big learning experience for me and I want to make games that are fun to play.

thanks

PaulJ

Try his game people it''s pretty cool for a start.
I tried downloading several times... it ''finishes'' at 67K of the 300 some-odd K...

.travois.
Congratulations, not bad. Damn sight more than I''ve done.

Now that you have proven to yourself that you can write a game, what next?

D.V.

--------------------------
Carpe Diem
D.V.Carpe Diem
Hi,

About that download problem I''m very sorry that you are having trouble downloading. I have checked everything over and cant figure out what the problem is everything seems to be working on this end. Try it again and see if you can download it.

What''s next? hehe thats a good question Carpe. Im thinking of completely finishing this game first than try making some more freeware. I find my hardest problem is game designing and coming up with good ideals for games.

thanks

PaulJ
Very nice.
I did have some trouble aiming, though.
Maybe you can but a little helpfile in the download (or even better: in the game) to explain the controls and stuff.
What language, compiler, etc. did you use?

Jedyte
And the price we paid was the price men have always paid for achieving paradise in this life -- we went soft, we lost our edge. - "Muad'Dib: Conversations" by the Princess Irulan
hi,

I think you are right, I should of put directions on how to play the game since the controls even took me some time to get use to. I used Micosoft Visual C++ to Code game and Paint shop pro 6 for the art work. I''m a terrible artist and would be in trouble without a good paint program

PaulJ
I tried downloading it several times but it ended at 60-200k of 300k everytime so I couldn''t try it...

No game will ever rule more than CBT!
---Mikael Lax

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement