01.04 - News

Started by
35 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates! It''s not that I don''t have the material ready; I don''t have it formatted for the forum! Usually I write up some material, and then just before I place it online I apply the text formatting etc. Unfortunately, I''ve been so busy here at work that I haven''t had the time needed to get the material prepared and uploaded.

People, I''m loving the support I''m getting, and I share your frustration as I have a bad habit, for whatever reason, of not being consistent in updating this forum. So, yet again, please bear with me!

Look for new material sometime between today and tomorrow morning...

Thanks all!

Teej
Advertisement
Hi all,

It seems that I''m without a webpage again... for some reason, these web hosters don''t like my content or something...they keep deleting the site from under my nose! Even worse, they don''t bother emailing me about it...

Someone (Piotyr I believe) is temporarily hosting the files you need (see 05.02 - Designing Tetris), so that will have to do until I can find something more suitable and permanent...

Teej

Whew.

There -- you''ve got some new material in section 05 that should keep you busy for at least the weekend anyhow! Ible has offered to host the forum''s resources temporarily, so here''s the URL:

www.sfu.ca/~dbrokens/

Try and be fair to yourself and attempt the exercises before downloading the next basecode that has the answers...we''re not in school -- we actually WANT to learn, and this is how it''s done best, with practice.

05.04 was a monster to put together (coding included), so I''m gonna relax this weekend I think

Teej

Hello again,

Since I can''t rely on a permanent home for the tutorial''s resources, I''ve created a new topic called 00.00 - TUTORIAL DOWNLOADS LOCATION that will always contain a current working link to the download for the forum.

I hope that makes life easier for all of us!

Teej
Well whaddayaknow... I''ve been deleted yet again.

Is it just me, or is there something illegal about the content of my webpage that I don''t know about....geez...

Anyhow, it''s getting to be time to simply buy a website. I''ll most likely do this on or after Aug 15th, which means that I''m still going to have to (temporarily) provide the resource files.

Hmm, maybe I can piss off another free webhost for a week or two

Teej

PS: The moment a site becomes available, I''ll update the 00.00 post with the URL.

Well whaddayaknow... I''ve been deleted yet again.

Is it just me, or is there something illegal about the content of my webpage that I don''t know about....geez...

Anyhow, it''s getting to be time to simply buy a website. I''ll most likely do this on or after Aug 15th, which means that I''m still going to have to (temporarily) provide the resource files.

Hmm, maybe I can piss off another free webhost for a week or two

Teej

PS: The moment a site becomes available, I''ll update the 00.00 post with the URL.

Howdy all,

As you can tell, we''ve basically wrapped-up our first game project, and I just thought I''d let you know that I''m in the process of beginning the next one.

Every time I give an exact date for a set of new articles, it never works out, so I''ll just say that I''m still here, and although I''m a little behind on moderating the site (no Internet at home currently!), I''m actively working on finishing new material.

Alright, I''m outta here, be back soon w/new articles!

Teej

PS: A new, permanent website for tutorial resources will be available next week...I''ll let you know then.
Hi all,

YES, I''m still alive. I''ve been on a bit of a vacation, and haven''t forgotten you! I guess you''ve waited long enough for the forum to continue, so I''ll be resuming the tutorials shortly (i.e. inside of the next week).

Also, I''m about to start a new website for tutorial resources -- there are some technical difficulties, but they''ll resolve themselves in due course.

All I need to do right now is decide the direction the next set of articles is going to take, and then I''ll get writing/posting.

See you soon

Teej

Houston, we have a problem...

I''ve just been informed that the last few articles are missing! I''m looking into it...please hold...

Teej

The latest news: this forum is dead
Am i wrong? Only Teej can prove this to me...
Hey Teej, we miss you... You''re gone for too long...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement