03.01 - Q&A

Started by
119 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 6 months ago
I have a question that is very easy (if you know the answer)

What is the program that Teej uses to make the really cool titles in the comments at the top of the files and where can I download it?
Advertisement
TheTramp: The utility is called SKELGEN and can be found at:

www.fluidstudios.com

Teej
Hi Everybody

I just wanted to say that just I posted my pixel manipulation "creation" over in that area (4.03). Its a little silly looking but LOL, I''m mighty proud of it, hahaha!!! (and I''d kindof like someone to see it!!) Plus, there are 2 little unsolved mysteries.....

And Teej- nice to meet you. Thank you very much for doing this-what a wonderful concept!! I''m lagging behind the class, lol, but no worries.... I''ll catch up in my own time.

bye for now.

Ooopsss-

that Anonymous Poster just above - that was me!!!!!
hey everyone if we keep chatting in this forum it will stay alive so heres my question i drew some really cool grafics for a space alien game but there 24 bit depth i was wondering what i would need to change in the code to alow for this thanks go out to any one responds to this
How do you execute an outside program from your progam?????
I made a pretty neat 2D game and I need to make an installation program. The installer will ask if a person has DirectX 7.0 and if they don''t, the installer will start dxsetup.exe, but I need to know the C++ command that does that.
Okay, I realize this isn''t the most active board at this point, but I just got started on the tutorials and I''ve gotten stuck trying to compile the unmodified ''skeleton'' game that was in the first download. I''m using VC++ 5 and DirectX 8.1, and the error messages are:

GameMain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl RestoreAll(void)" (?RestoreAll@@YAJXZ)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main

And I''m clueless. Anyone still reading? Anyone know what''s going on here?

Thanks in advance for any help...
I recently got Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Education Edition, and have tried to write my first C++ programs. Unfortunately, I don''t know how to compile my programs. If anyone else has visual studio .net, I would love for them to tell me how to compile. Is it a keystroke? is it hidden in the menus? a button?

Thank you

-Az
-Az
azound, I haven''t seen the Education Edition of Visual Studio.NET but with the regular version there is a menu option. If I remember right it is Build -> Build Solution. I can''t remember exactly but just look for the word "build".
Ok Im somewhat confused. When you are refering to C do you almost mean C++. You keep saying C is very powerful and one of the most powerful while C++ is way more powerful. The only reason why Im wondering if you are refering to both is because C and C++ are fairly different especially from a game programming prespective.

Live by the motherboard manual, die by the motherboard manual.
Pro Case Modder at your service.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement