Free 2d/3d art assets '09!

Started by
27 comments, last by MobileGameGraphics.com 6 years, 10 months ago
I would like to bring to your attention that I made a free prototype texture pack. Prototype textures like this are very helpful to measure the scale of textures, to see the distribution of textures during uv-mapping and to visualize an idea of an early level design of a prototype game. It can be especially helpful when you create your level maps from BSP/CSG geometry, where the mapping happens automatically.

prototype_banner.jpg

Here is a sample of a simple prototype level:

prototype_banner2.jpg

More details can be found here:
Dexsoft-Games
*****************DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM
Advertisement

One website that I find to be really useful for 3d animation as well as 3d characters is mixamo.com. They not only have a huge collection of customizable 3D animations but they provide really great resources for game developers and animators. They have a youtube channel with lots of reference animations as well as informational articles on the Evolution of Game Animation and how to add props to your scene using maya. Their animations are really great for indie game developers, their price point is very cheap and their integration into game engines like Unity is seamless. There are quite a few free motions, and their 3D character creator is

[font="'Lucida Sans Unicode"]completely[/font]

free at the moment. You can use these characters in your projects freely. If you know how to use muddbox and can model pretty well they also have an autorigger, that automatically rigs your characters online. I havent tried it yet but from the videos it looks pretty awesome. Ive really saved a ton of time on animations for my next iphone game.

This list is amazing, it's like all tools I'll ever need on one place. Much appreciated, bookmarked!
Hey

This topic is actually useful so just thought I'd mention my site also if it's allowed.

I've got 100+ sci fi 3D models all made by me and most are low poly.
All the models that you can download can be used freely in any project, either personnal or commercial. You can use them in their original form or edit them to better suit your style (mesh / texture / name / etc.).

http://www.solcommand.com/

Enjoy
I have a relavent site for 2D art assets. Check out the Roencia Game Creators community and 2d art asset store Graphics for Games.

Moderators note: The Graphics for Games link is to a paid site rather than a free one. I'm letting the link stand, but clickers be advised.
-JTippetts
banner5.jpg

Just wanted to add our site to your list:
www.the3dmodelstore.com

Plenty of free models and free samples.
AD_01.jpg

I would also like to add my website's free area:
http://gamedesignpla...rchive_free.php
Check it Out: Game Design Planet
Free-Menu-Banner.jpg

We have a weekly updated free game assets section at IndieGameDesigner.com

http://www.indiegame.../category/free/

Free game assets are added every Monday.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement