Forum Glitching and Site redesign comments

Started by
16 comments, last by Jeranon 24 years, 3 months ago
Hey, check out the "RPGs, What do YOU expect from a great RPG?" thread in the "Game Design Corner". I recently made a post, it''s easy to see which, it''s the only (or first one made in 2000) and it got put as the second post (the first page) rather than at the end... Just thought I''d mention it... By the way, I like your new site design except for the header part with the links (Start here * Message Board * Developer Resources * etc) which I think is either too small (make the font bigger) or should be shoved on to the side with the other links, and the placement of the new threads table cell, in which I prefered where it was in the previous version as well. But I guess I''ll get used to it. :) Edited by - Jeranon on 1/3/00 5:33:58 AM
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
Advertisement
Hey, what happened to the bit where I can say no to that icon above allowing people to email me or see my email address?
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
I have been noticing things funny with the boards as well. On the RPG thread mentioned above I edited a message and now it appears as two seperate messages on the third page instead of the top of the second page like the edited message says it should. Anyway just thought I would let you guys know.

Kressilac

ps Ok what are the new levels? Can you list them.
What is Check here to Remember Details?

Derek Licciardi
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
I would like to see the "Read Next Newest Message" command back.. it''s a pain to read the forums..
Done.

---
Michael Tanczos

Edited by - Michael Tanczos on 1/4/00 11:25:06 PM
I'm unable to edit my own posts. In both cases I've tried to edit my replies to other posts, it tells me that my "hack attempt failed". Also, are there any codes for italics and links on the board now? There's no link to UBB codes anymore, and HTML doesn't work. Having no option to turn off email address is also annoying.

Regards

Starfall

Well, it seems to work now. Funny, I definitely entered my username in correctly, and I tried it multiple times retyping the username and password each time.

Thanks

Star

Edited by - starfall on 1/6/00 1:42:57 AM
I tried editing with the user level down to a regular visitor. It worked. I then logged in under your account and tried editing the message, and it worked.

The only way you would get that error was if the username or password you inputted didn''t exactly match what was in our database. I just removed case-sensitivity on the username, but the password is still case sensitive.

---
Michael Tanczos

HTML is now enabled

• list
  • list

Granted, a lot of tags have been stripped away.
Still enough to do a lot with though.

---
Michael Tanczos

Edited by - Michael Tanczos on 1/5/00 12:51:33 AM
I''m also getting glitches where the Topic Review doesn''t show up when I''m replying to a post. It only happens when I''m the first or second person to reply to a post.

And it would be nice if that icon, saying what my e-mail address is, would go away.

And what happend to the foot soldier/knight/bishop thing? I rather liked being a knight.
I believe that was intentional, at least if there are no replies to the current topic yet. I could add it to my list of things to change though if you want. Generally I figured a review wouldn''t be needed if the reply was only to one post.

As far as the email icon goes, we still have a ways to go on that. It will appear in the edit profile page when the option is done.

And for the levels, the rest of the staff didn''t like my Feudal system approach I guess... oh well.

---
Michael Tanczos

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement