You Are Old ...

Started by
54 comments, last by Antheus 13 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, I had a couple computers before there was such a thing as a hard drive in a home computer. You had whatever floppy, and the working memory, that's all. Oh, and the floppies were definitely NOT 3.5".
Advertisement
I am 17 and I know that. We had a computer which such drives when I remember it right. A:\ is for 3.5" Floppys and the B: was for somewhat bigger ones ;)

I feel old because I had an A: and a B: drive. And I approve of every post in this thread.

Luxury. We could only dream of having letters for our drives. Or colons. We did a LOAD "",8 and we were grateful for it.

I feel old because I had an A: and a B: drive. And I approve of every post in this thread.

I had only an A: drive, therefore I am just half as old. Otoh, I know this:

736px-Commodore-Datassette.jpg

Oh yeah.

Us talking about floppy disks must be like when the bearded ones talk about punchcards et al, zomg.
cassettes hmmm, it remember me my Amstrad era :lol:
---------------------------------
FAR Colony http://farcolony.blogspot.com/
I can't believe we are quite that far along yet. The poster *must* have been asking rhetorically....surely......please?..... :o

@phresnel: Gotcha beat. I (still) have the cassette *and* the floppy drive (which cost more than the computer) for my C-64. I loved that machine.
Haha - I'm only 19 years old but I used to use floppy drivers quite a bit.

I can remember the noise my 5.25" driver made while the PC was booting.

I hated that noise especially early mornings when I didn't want to wake my parents up since they would force me to turn the PC off and go to bed again.:-D

I hated that noise especially early mornings when I didn't want to wake my parents up since they would force me to turn the PC off and go to bed again.:-D

Reminds me of the 56k modem. Whoever thought that not putting a volume control on those things was a good idea should die. I ended up ripping the speaker off. Still worked.
Yeah, well ... I'm old .... but YOU'RE FAT! *runs off to have a cry in the corner*
When I built my current computer about 3 years ago now, I bought a new floppy drive (~5 bucks) for aesthetics. I'm so used it I couldn't let go :/

Consequently, I have yet to use it for anything heh.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement