OpenGL VS. DirectX

Started by
2 comments, last by Amythius 22 years, 6 months ago
I want to know if OpenGL is easier / faster than DirectX. I use DirectX and I have lots of trouble with it and it seems to take more code to generate that of an OpenGl object. Anywho, I just want to know if anyone out there has/does use them both that can distinguish which is easier or overall better. Please, I don''t have any means of starting a WAR! but I do wish to know which, since I have never actually gotten a DirectX program to work!!!! Which is bad, since I actually know a lot, but can''t use it.
"It's easy to make things hard, but it's hard to make things easy."
Advertisement
Oh damn, PLEASE, NOT AGAIN !!!

Are you blind ? There is just another thread like this one running !
Moderators should really create a new forum called ''OpenGL vs. DX war forum''.

* STOP THIS *
yeah, i think they should make a forum named DirectX vs OpenGL....and put all this crap in that forum. So that way people wont be able to complain about these posts.....they can just stay away from that forum. And people that like to talk, argue, bicker, shout, flame, etc....about that topic can keep it in there.

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T
Sorry kiddos, but this post is over with right now. There is an OGL vs. D3D post right under this that should answer your questions.

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
ShiningKnight Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement