One last vector Problem

Started by
19 comments, last by Aj37 22 years, 6 months ago
quote:Original post by Aj37
I apprecciate the help but not the attitude. I was told this was a forum to post physics related problems. I was also told that the experts are all professionals.

By and large they are. But they got that way by doing their /own/ homework. If you ever hope to understand this stuff, you should do the same.

Questions like these are the reason your school employs TA''s and holds office hours. You should probably utilize those resources first, since you''re /paying/ those people to help you.

On the flipside, don''t expect unfailingly perfect and flawlessly polite answers when you''re using a free service.
Advertisement
I''m sorry Aj37, but I have to agree with everyone else on this one. It appears to me, and I don''t even visit this forum that much, that you are just spitting your homework problems at us. I can understand if you don''t know how to do them, that''s OK, but at least try to get some help from your professor, buy a book on basic physics, visit a physics website, go to the library, etc., instead of immediatly coming here. This may be "the physics board", but it''s on a game programming site. I also seriously doubt this is the only physics related forum on the net.
I had Physics my junior year in high school. I am a senior now. I clearly remember doing those problems early on in the semester. Much fun.

If he''s having trouble with that, just wait until he hits Friction or Heat...the sheer size of the equations alone will baffle him.
Aj37, why would you need an expert answering this question? Where I come from, students help each other. If one asks nicely he would find someone that would gave him a hint.
If you would really want to learn, you would have tried to solve the problem more than one time.
By the way, dou you want the members of this forum to solve all your homework? Currently I can see 5 homework questions you've posted.
I would try to learn how to solve problems yourself, or math/physics will always be a pain.

By the way, I'd like to know if this forum is meant for game related math/physics or if it is more general.

Edited by - VolkerG on October 8, 2001 5:07:41 PM
quote:
Narrow minded and ignorant people are one of the bigest problems in the world today

quote:
You are the one showing ignorance here.

quote:My government the United States is currently dealing with people who think like you.

quote:
Nice fascist statement for someone who isn't narrow minded, isn't it?
By the way, have you noticed that Oluseyi is also from the USA?

Lets not get too far out of hand with this folks.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

Edited by - grhodes_at_work on October 8, 2001 5:12:51 PM

Edited by - grhodes_at_work on October 8, 2001 5:20:08 PM
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
I agree with VolkerG's statement. Students help each other, and interaction with other students is an important part of learning to complete tasks.

Its actually *critical* to work out problems with other students at one's school, rather than to consult with other folks who may be either professionals or more advanced students. By working with students roughly equivalent to yourself, you get the extra advantage of learning to work in teams without short-changing yourself in learning about problem-solving. Think about it.

Anyone wanting to participate in this forum should find a game development project to work on, and ask questions that are not related to school. It can be a hobby or personal growth project, or a professional pursuit. As long as you don't ask specifically for the answer to a homework problem, all's well.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

Edited by - grhodes_at_work on October 8, 2001 5:22:26 PM
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
Like I said before, I worked the problems at least once and asked a few questions. I didn''t expect to have people use profanity towards me for asking a question. Abominacion bustin heads only show''s ignorance if it is not warranted. Obviously you don''t have a clue about people as well as what goes on in the world or you would not of made that statement. I am not asking anyone to do my home work just a little help. This forum was reccommended to me by a programming guru and I guess this forum can''t handle the questions. I will ask my questions on another forum. I guess most of you people have spent most of your lives at home in front of a computer in some one horse town. Narrow minded people are the problem with the world today. I have been around the world at least once and I have fought in one war. Narrow minded, greedy, insecure, and ignorant, people are why we fight wars and why innocent people die.

Semper Fi
Received in my mailbox a few minutes ago from Aj37:
----- Original Message ----- From: Drew J &ltawoo4us@yahoo.com>To: Seyisonaiya@hotmail.com Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 8:09 PMSubject: You are as narrow minded as they come.You must be some kind of looser. Angry at the peopleof the U.S.. You have a very american name?? and youthink like a racist. You ignorant Fuck head !!!!!! Ikilled people like you in Iraq and I enjoyed everyminute of it. If the U.S. is to hard on you pussiesthen get the fuck out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a fuckin coward!!!!!!__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month.http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1  

Just thought people might like to know.

EDIT: include email address.

Edited by - Oluseyi on October 8, 2001 8:30:49 PM
WTF?
"I killed people like you in Iraq" ??

ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Yea, he really knows how to make friends.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement