I have a problem with VS2010

Started by
1 comment, last by oldgregg 11 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys,

I wouldn't usually post about this but I'm completely stumped and cannot fix it and it's preventing me doing any work.

I'm getting this error.

wa23ac.png

This occurs when I've opened up my project and I double click my .fx file the file never actually opens in VS it just freezes and if I'm lucky this will pop up, otherwise I'm forced to task manager kill VS and restart.

The same project opens in up VS2008 and I can open the .fx file fine. But obviously I can't use VS2008 with this project or I would. Also it's worth noting, I use this exact project at uni and it works fine.

Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks.

>Also may be worth noting, Today I spent several hours fully removing all of VS2010 and XNA, DX SDK, WP SDK and everything then reinstalling in a bid to fix. With no success.
Advertisement
It's an issue with the plugin you're using. Perhaps it doesn't work well with others?

I don't really have an answer for you other than it seems that this is a plugin related error. I had this once with some other plugin (same kind of message) and when I uninstalled all my plugins, and one by one reinstalled them with the crashing one first, I managed to take out the faulty one and everything was fine.

Hope it helps :)

It's an issue with the plugin you're using. Perhaps it doesn't work well with others?

I don't really have an answer for you other than it seems that this is a plugin related error. I had this once with some other plugin (same kind of message) and when I uninstalled all my plugins, and one by one reinstalled them with the crashing one first, I managed to take out the faulty one and everything was fine.

Hope it helps smile.png

YOU AMAZING PERSON YOU! Thank you so much! I'd never have thought to check that! I didn't even know I had one installed. It was a HLSL syntax highlighter!

Hahaha Seriously thanks so much! I've been trying to solve this for about 10 hours I feel so stupid 8)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement