out of memory Exception on Geforce GT640M LE latest drivers

Started by
2 comments, last by kubera 11 years, 6 months ago
Hi..
i already posted this in the SharpDX Forum without an answer, so sorry if you read it again! But i hope someone here can help me!

i'm not really sure but i think there is bug in latest (2) nvidia drivers for my gpu but i'm always getting exceptions in my wpf based application.. (the intel graphics chip of the notebook and my GTX560 have no problems)

i noticed the new release of SharpDX (thanks for that!!) and tried to reproduce my error with the Dx10 WPF Host Sample and Bam! there it is, too.

MIL FAILURE: Unexpected HRESULT 0x8007000e in caller: batch processing error
Exception message if caught: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

i've no idea how to investigate this.. via google i found some related problems on win xp.. but nothing interesting to fix it..
i'm using windows 8 pro x64 (the final released one from dreamspark)
can somebody try to reproduce this error?
build debug / AnyCPU
and important.. run with native code debugging enabled (in the project settings)
maybe it takes some time until it crashes.. for me maximum 5 minutes

You can find this Sample by downloading SharpDX Full from http://sharpdx.org/download/ or from git repository they offer.

thanks!!

here is a call stack:
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
Advertisement

maybe it takes some time until it crashes.. for me maximum 5 minutes

Memory leak...

Memory leak...

yes.. of cause..
the question is how to address them..
from what i read it could be:
- the wpf system that is not able to free the memory because of a to fast image invalidation (makes no sense GTX560 is faster with same v-ram and no problems)
- the application code.. the sample is very simple, i don't think that there are problems.. there are also no errors in the dx debug log
- graphics driver.. hmpf..
- ???
Please consider:

• checking your code
  • testing on GPUs from AMD or Intel
  • reporting in http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/list

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement