Fragmented Platformer

Started by
4 comments, last by nife87 11 years, 4 months ago
This is my first COMPLETE game. Basically, it's a platformer where you try to get to the end of the level. As you progress, the level falls to pieces behind you. It's difficult, it can be played by 1 to 4 people at the same time, and it includes a level editor so you can save, load, and share levels!

I have uploaded this game to my website XHHstuff and i'm working on the indiedb submission (needs a video).

Click here to view the iotd
Advertisement
Nice work! I really like the effect when the platforms dissapears. I didn't come further then the first level though, quite challenging :)
Looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately it fails to run on my computer (Win7 32, Geforce 9800GT)!
too fast for me :)
and i have noticed a bug, i have stuck few times in wall
Thanks! biggrin.png

And uhh... that wall bug... that's the second time i've heard about it. I'm not really sure what's going on there. I haven't run into when I run the game. :\
The wall bug could be caused by frame spikes (might happen any time, based on many varying factors - that is, some might occasionally or constantly observe it, some might never) if you use "basic/plain" frame delta time movement and collision techniques. That is, one frame the player is close to a wall but not close enough for collision, and the next frame the player is moved based on the frame delta (long frame = high frame delta = long movement). Then a collision is detected with the wall, which stops the player's movement. Unless this is resolved (move the player "out" on the right side of the wall), the player is just stuck in the wall.<br />I observed the issue in some of my early games, but I can only guess as to how you perform collision detection and resolving :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement