Game about birds.

Started by
13 comments, last by AlexandrBaklanov 11 years, 2 months ago
Hello!

Our independent GD team called White Zebra is about to release a new game. =)

Please help with name of the game!

We decided to name it "Little Flock".

Here's test version for Windows. (not final)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71223199/Birds_PC2.zip

Some screenshots:

IMG_3278.PNG

IMG_3280.PNG

IMG_3268.PNG

Also, can someone please help us with some spellchecking for release?
If you'll see a weird phrase please write here about it!

Servant of the Lord helped with main texts, thanks to him! )

The description is left:

LITTLE FLOCK.
In this captivating and challenging game you fly with a little flock through the jungle island. As you go, you meet a lot of friends making your flock bigger and bigger. The island is full of surprises that will help you to fly all the way through to the main aim.

LITTLE STORY.
Three tiny birds once found a giant worm. It turned out, however, that the worm was not so easy to catch; the dodger escaped quickly.
“It must have gone to his friends”, one of the birds said. So, it was decided to follow the fugitive.

BIG FUN:
- Lots of upgrades in the Store.
- 5 Birds-Heroes with exciting power ups.
- Long way through the island with wonderful locations.
- Colorful graphics and cute characters.
- Breathtaking music and sound effects.

Help the birds to find more food!

Any advise would help!

I can make a 100% discount for iPhone/iPad owners if the game won't be free =)

UPD: video!
">

We'd appreciate your help!
Best Regards,
Alex
Advertisement
Sorry, cannot test it right now (Linux), but I would anyhow love to see some screenshots as the game must be quite pretty, judging from those birds =)<br />Note: People are also in general more inclined to review your game if you provide screenshots.

Tried to play it but everything moves incredibly fast. Did you maybe forget to make it frame rate independent?

I've altered your RTF file a little, and am marking my removals by striking out the text, and am highlighting the additions in red.

The primary change I made was removing all the "total" words, which sometimes unofficially imply "exactly", meaning 101 would not be "100 total".

I am also confused by the following text. Could you describe them in your own words, to give me a better idea on how to correct it?

Ruffle up 1000 birds total. 1000 birds ruffled up. (by ruffle up i mean like the bird puffs up of cold. See pic https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71223199/misc/ruffled_up.png)

What do you mean by "ruffle up"? What do you mean by "puffs up of cold"? I viewed the picture, but I'm not sure I understand.

How does a player "ruffle up" the birds?

Family Portrait

Leave just Rogersons in the flock.

Sprinter

Fly 100m by just one of Rogersons [/quote]

Could you describe this more? How would a player do this? (I didn't run your game. First Chrome than Microsoft Windows complained about security issues)

Love Forever

Make flock of Jack and Lily only. [/quote]

How do you "make a flock"? Do you choose what birds you want at the beginning, or do the birds fall away after the flock is already going?

Bowler

Roll 500,000 birds on the ground total.[/quote]

Are you rolling one bird 500,000 meters, or are you rolling 500,000 birds any distance?

Fly with Fifi by just one bird.[/quote]

Can you try rephrasing this? I don't quite understand it.

Make flock of Jacks and Lilies only.[/quote]

Is 'Jacks' a type of bird, or the personal name of a bird character? Are you having more than one copy of 'Jack' in the flock, or just one Jack and just one Lily?

Collect 5 birds in the flock.[/quote]

How do you collect birds? Do you mean, the flock is composed of 5 birds, or that the flock collects five birds that weren't already a part of the flock?

Fly through two forests in a single game.[/quote]

Are you flying inside of two forests (between the trees), or over two forests (above the trees)?

Fly through the plane with a flock of 5 or more birds.[/quote]

What is a "plane"? One of these? Are you flying inside of the plane, or around the plane, or over the plane, or under the plane?

Collect more than 5 Rogersons in the flock.[/quote]

Is 'Rogersons' a type of bird, or the personal name of a bird character?

20% of birds in the flock get additional life bonus by being ruffled up[/quote]

Every bird in the flock get 20% more life, or 20% of the birds get more life and the rest of the birds get no extra life?

Helps you to avoid obstacles and gives you additional +5 bonus coins[/quote]

How does it help you avoid obstacles, and when do you get the extra coins?

Meet two new birds in the flock[/quote]

What do you mean by 'meet'? How does the player accomplish this?

Why is 'Wink' named 'Wink'? To 'wink' in English means to close one eye and reopen it really quickly, and usually is used to indicate a in-joke between the person winking and the one being winked at.

Why is 'Ruffy' named 'Ruffy'? What idea are you trying to convey by the word 'ruffle'? Is the bird male or female?

Why is 'Zazie' named 'Zazie'? What is the name supposed to convey? And is the bird male or female?

Get away, you little bugs! Trying to sleep in here![/quote]

Who is Wink speaking to? The player? Can you explain what he means a little better?

nife87,

Thanks for advice! Posted some screens.

AdrianC,

The build is for testing, sorry for that. Can you please enable v-sync in video driver options? It can help.

Servant of the Lord,

Thanks for the interest and such a full review! )

I'll now try explain everything )

Can you please list here some cute names of pets to use in the game for the birds names?

"Ruffle up" phrase:
When the bird gets cold, it does something with its feathers to become bigger. Like on the picture above. ^^^

TOTAL.
In this game you play one game until all birds in the flock crashed into obstacles = game over.
Word "total" means that player must complete the objective by playing an amount of games. Say he played 10 times and ruffled up 1000 birds TOTAL.
There are missions where player must ruffle 10 birds in a single game. So I used the world total to show that you can play many times, and the amount of ruffled birds is collecting. When it exceeds 1000 - objective is done.

There are 5 "bonus" birds in game who you can meet on your way.
They give you additional bonuses when you meet them.

The "bonus" birds appear on the trees, normal birds appear on the ground.

For example, the bird meets "bonus bird" Ruffy(need to change the name). All the "bonus" birds sleep in their nests on the tree. Once birds meet them, they wake up, scare, and fly away (or fly with you) giving you some privileges. For example Ruffy ruffles birds (see below)
IMG_3273.PNG

IMG_3275.PNG

Ruffy flies away and the bird becomes like this. (And gets life bonus. Once it hits the obstacle, it becomes normal (instead of dead), so it has additional life.)
IMG_3277.PNG

In the level, you control birds to avoid obstacles.
You can meet little birds in nests on your way (not bonus birds), that fly to your flock becoming the part of it.
So, that's how you collect birds in the flock.
IMG_3280.PNG

Leave just Rogersons in the flock.
Rogersons (need to change name) is a last name. They are 5 "bonus" hummingbirds (you can meet them in the nest, scared and so on, like Ruffy). Instead of flying away, the join your flock. Once they're the part of flock, they give you +5 coins every second.
Player can crash all birds in the flock but Rogersons. So the objective will be done.

Same thing with "Make flock of Jack and Lily only." By crashing all other birds, player should leave just two birds in the flock, named Jack and Lily (the green one is Lily and the purple one is Jack).
ruffled_up.png

Roll 500,000 birds on the ground total.
When bird crashes into obstacle it falls to the ground and rolls a little, then moves to the left side of the screen.

Fly with Fifi by just one bird.
Once birds meet Fifi, it(she?) flies with flock and the speed increases a lot. So it's like a bonus to fly a distance faster.
The objective is to fly with this bonus bird, having just one bird in the flock.

Make flock of Jacks and Lilies only.
Jack and Lily is green and purple birds. Can be multiple.

Collect 5 birds in the flock.
Means to meet 5 birds in the nest (not bonus ones).

Fly through two forests in a single game.
There are two different backgrounds in the game. The glade and the forest. They are combined. When you finish the forest, the glade appears, and backwards.
So player should fly the forest by, the glade and then forest again to complete the mission.

Fly through the plane with a flock of 5 or more birds.
The plane looks like this:
IMG_3278.PNG
So you need to fly through it.

Collect more than 5 Rogersons in the flock.
Player should have more than 5 hummingbirds in the flock.

20% of birds in the flock get additional life bonus by being ruffled up
20% of the birds get more life and the rest of the birds get no extra life.

Helps you to avoid obstacles and gives you additional +5 bonus coins
Once meet Zazie(need to change the name), birds have both: avoid obstacles and +5 coins.
This bonus bird flies with your flock and avoid obstacles, so you need to just fly exactly after Zazie.
Also it drops coins on its path, so you need to pick them up. (by following path of coins you automatically avoid obstacles.)

Meet two new birds in the flock
I mean that if you buy this item, two new birds will begin to appear on the way. (among other 3, that already appeared from time to time in the nests).

Get away, you little bugs! Trying to sleep in here!
The black bonus bird (Wink) yells at birds for waking it up.

That's it, I think =)
Again, thank you for your help!!!

I'll try to make a video today.

added a video to main post!

Alright, I think I get it. Almost finished with the adjustments, just a few more questions below.

Instead of Rogersons it should be "The Rogersons" when talking about the entire family, and "a Rogerson" (without the 's') when talking about a single one. Other than that, the 'Rogerson' name is fine.

When Fifi gives you a speed boost, do you still have to dodge obstacles while sped up or are you invulnerable?

Maybe 'Fleetly' would be a good name for Fifi?

I'm not sure about the name 'Zazie', but I can't think up a better name. Maybe 'Gently', but I'm not sure.

'Wink' might be better named 'Cranky', judging from his text and appearance, but 'Wink' is also fine.

Collect 5 birds in the flock.

Means to meet 5 birds in the nest (not bonus ones).[/quote]

5 birds in one nest, or five birds in separate nests throughout the area?

Roll 500,000 birds on the ground total.

When bird crashes into obstacle it falls to the ground and rolls a little, then moves to the left side of the screen.[/quote]

So over the course of all your play sessions, you have to crash 500,000 birds so they roll on the ground?

Update Ruffy to the last level.[/quote]

What does it mean to 'Update' a bird? Do you mean 'Upgrade'?

Servant of the Lord,
Thanks again for the answer! )

When Fifi gives you a speed boost, do you still have to dodge obstacles while sped up or are you invulnerable?
This boost is for player to relax. You don't have to avoid obstacles. You are invulnerable.

5 birds in one nest, or five birds in separate nests throughout the area?
Five birds each in its nest throughout the area.

So over the course of all your play sessions, you have to crash 500,000 birds so they roll on the ground?
Exactly! :) Maybe I should just use "Crash 500,000 birds total."

What does it mean to 'Update' a bird? Do you mean 'Upgrade'?
Yes, Upgrade, of coarse. I made a mistake.

So, the names are good:
Ruffy, Gently, Fleetly, Rogersons, Cranky?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement