Started by
8 comments, last by ProvenDantheman 11 years, 2 months ago

I'm using:
C++

Code::Blocks

glut

OpenGL

Linux

On the top of the screen, you have a title, and an icon. My icon is blank and the title is unknown. Any ideas on how to fix this?

View the attachment.

Advertisement

Have you tried setting a custom name and title in glut? http://www.opengl.org/resources/libraries/glut/spec3/node27.html

Have you tried setting a custom name and title in glut? http://www.opengl.org/resources/libraries/glut/spec3/node27.html

I have not. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try it and update you on my problem smile.png

I tried the function. It changed the name of the OpenGL window, but not the name in the Activities bar above. Thanks for the suggestion :)

There might be some way to solve this hidden in the depths of GLUT (or its newer and still maintained implementation freeglut), but mostly GLUT is just a quick and dirty way to get an OpenGL window quickly with the minimum amount of fuzz. It's not intended to offer access to the more detailed OS infrastructure. If you want something like that, consider SFML, GLFW or similar libraries.

Sounds like setting it with GLUT is just setting the window title, not the application title. Is there a way to set an application title? Been a long time since I used GLUT.

Sounds like setting it with GLUT is just setting the window title, not the application title. Is there a way to set an application title? Been a long time since I used GLUT.

I'm not sure, I'll try to look into it more.

I'm stumped :/

The most likely scenario is: there is no solution with GLUT. As I said, GLUT is a quick and dirty way to whip up a window. It's great for a quick test or a demo. It's not intended for anything resembling a full-fledged application.

I created an application in code::blocks using a template, and it yielded the same results.

I sort of figured out the issue. I ran the application with an Ubuntu session, as opposed to a Gnome3 session. In Ubuntu, the title displays fine. In Gnome, it does not.

I've created .desktop files in Gnome, using the specifications required, but that yielded me with no results. I ended up having a nice looking launcher for the app, but the title displayed incorrectly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement