D3D11CreateDevice failed

Started by
30 comments, last by klaswullt 9 years, 1 month ago

Can't you flex your MVP muscle, MJP? Make them change their mind? Haha.

Perception is when one imagination clashes with another
Advertisement

Yeah I think it's a really poor move on their part. This means that if you want a free graphics debugging tool you'll have to stick to Nsight and GPU PerfStudio.

There is also Intel GPA

Microsoft's decisions lately have generally left me feeling disappointed... They look eager to rid themselves of "freeloading" developers despite their products being a positive thing for the platform. I knew the moment Microsoft tried to get rid of the proper Express editions where we were heading.

If the former is true, then that's really unfortunate for the large number of indie game devs that can't afford it.

Yeah that's really disappointing.

If you're strapped for cash, you can actually buy a professional version of an older VS version such as 2008 for very cheap, but the latest version always costs a kidney!

It seems that Microsoft is determined on making the lives of indie developers/students a lot harder... First they stop supporting XNA and now this, I'm pretty sure developing for the next XBox will be close to impossible for indies, let's hope the PS4 will be more indie friendly.

I'm just glad my University provides Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate licenses for free to all students.

MJP wasn't at the summit this year. But the rest of us gave the feedback to them that the VS tools provided need to be in the free version (and also not hidden under the C++ parts of Visual Studio). They did seem to hear the message but I have no idea how fast they can react even if they agree with it.

ZMan

I have tried nSIght and GPU PerfStudio 2.0 as well as Pix. Each application crashes upon startup now. They worked fine prior to the update that we are discussing. Does nSight or any of the other applications run for anyone who has done the update? if so, have you done anything besides installing the Windows 8 SDK.

I am using windows 7 and visual studio 2010

thanks much

Code makes the man

I just tried the release candidate of NSight 3.0 on Win7 with VS 2010 and it seemed to work fine. Are you still using version 2.2?

yea, i am using version 2.2

where is version 3.0 when i go to nvidia all i see is version 2.2 for visual studio 2010

Code makes the man

scratch that, found it

Code makes the man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement