writing a telnet client

Started by
2 comments, last by griffenjam 22 years, 6 months ago
I want to write a telnet client, but haven''t been able to find any source code that is easy to read, or any docs that tell me enough info, I downloaded (and printed) the RFC and that didn''t do much good. Does anyone have any info that could help? Jason Mickela ICQ : 873518 E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net ------------------------------ "Evil attacks from all sides but the greatest evil attacks from within." Me ------------------------------
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery
Advertisement
quote:Original post by griffenjam
I want to write a telnet client, but haven''t been able to find any source code that is easy to read, or any docs that tell me enough info, I downloaded (and printed) the RFC and that didn''t do much good. Does anyone have any info that could help?

Telnet is just raw text prefaced with some funky headers when the connection is opened. Just write something that reads and writes plain text to/from a socket and you will be 90% of the way there.
I can already do that, but there is more to telnet than raw data and some headers, important info is contained in those headers.
Plus telnet can use OOB data for control information.

Jason Mickela
E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net
------------------------------
"Evil attacks from all sides
but the greatest evil attacks
from within." Me
------------------------------
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery
Console Telnet for Win32 (with source). An adapted GNU telnet client for MS Win32 environments released under the GPL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement