Randomly generated circles in pygame.

Started by
12 comments, last by Crazylegs830 10 years, 5 months ago

Hello I'm back and need more help what I was planning to do was to have little circles randomly places on my screen. How would I go about doing that? Sorry if this is a stupid question still a beginner.

Advertisement
pygame.draw.circle? Give it a randomized pos and radius, and boom.

Ah, Ok sorry didn't know it was so simple.

Ah, Ok sorry didn't know it was so simple.

Can you show me some code?

It would probably be a good exercise for you to figure out. Use what FLeBlanc gave you as well as http://docs.python.org/2/library/random.html#random.randint.

Hmmm, I have this code:

pygame.draw.circle(screen, WHITE, random.randint(0,1600), radius)

And get this error:

pygame.draw.circle(screen, WHITE, random.randint(0,1600), radius)
TypeError: must be 2-item sequence, not int

pygame.draw.circle() wants both an x and a y coordinate.

random.randint(0, 1600) gives you 1 integer (which in this case translates to 1 coordinate).

You need to generate 2 coordinates, and feed them into the draw function.

I don't know the syntax of pygame more than what a minute of googling tells me, but at a guess something like:

pygame.draw.circle(screen, WHITE, (random.randint(0, 1600), random.randint(0, 1600)), radius)

Hello to all my stalkers.

pygame.draw.circle() wants both an x and a y coordinate.

random.randint(0, 1600) gives you 1 integer (which in this case translates to 1 coordinate).

You need to generate 2 coordinates, and feed them into the draw function.

I don't know the syntax of pygame more than what a minute of googling tells me, but at a guess something like:

pygame.draw.circle(screen, WHITE, (random.randint(0, 1600), random.randint(0, 1600)), radius)

I think it worked, but how do I make it appear over another shape?

The pygame draw function returns a Rect, so blit the Rect onto the screen Surface after the other shape has been blitted.

The pygame draw function returns a Rect, so blit the Rect onto the screen Surface after the other shape has been blitted.

And to blit them what do I do? I am sincerely sorry for my lack of knowledge in programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement