Informational Articles

Started by
0 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 4 months ago

I follow the Facebook GD page and enjoy some of the informational articles shared. Like this one for instance: http://www.significant-bits.com/super-mario-bros-3-level-design-lessons

I haven't seen these anywhere on the site, can we start posting them somewhere?

Advertisement

I follow the Facebook GD page and enjoy some of the informational articles shared.

Excellent! Let us know if there's anything in particular you want us to look for, or if you want to see more or less coverage of certain topics! :)

I haven't seen these anywhere on the site, can we start posting them somewhere?

It's still heavily under construction, but depending on the content links to some articles might fit into our new indie resources section.

You could also contact the original author and ask if they would consider submitting their content as an article here! We've tried to make the process fairly simple, we're more than happy for authors to link back to their original articles (therefore potentially driving traffic back to their own site), and we welcome the inclusion of a short author bio in which they may link to their latest projects, personal blogs, or whatever they like. As long as there's a readily accessible method of contact I usually make such a request whenever I share a resource via the Facebook page, but additional requests from community members (without harassing anyone of course!) can only help to persuade those who might be hesitant, or to encourage and remind those who are happy to do so but might put it pretty low on their to-do lists.

Other than that, if you feel an article is particularly relevant to one of our forums you could contact the moderator of that forum to see if they think it might be prudent to include a link in the forum faq or "getting started" block for that forum, or you're always welcome to start discussion topics linking to off-site resources you find interesting.

smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement