In-game advertising solutions?

Started by
3 comments, last by nick_carrier 10 years ago

I'm planning to release a free-to-play game, but i'm worried about it's monetization options. Allowing the users to purchase in-game content does not really match the game design and i didn't want to force users to do it in order to earn money from the game. Do you guys know any solution for in-game advertising? I'm planning to add:

• Ads in level loading screens, server lobby and chat rooms
  • Real in-game advertising, with ads being displayed on billboards, TV's and other game areas (Webkit RTT)
Advertisement

Having an idea of what the game looks like (in terms of theme, gameplay and presentation) would be ideal for us to have any suggestion that can be integrated seamlessly.

For example, your second idea is cool, unless your game is in a medieval setting (which we have no knowledge of at this stage).

Care to elaborate a bit more on your game first?

I'm not really looking for suggestions on the implementation per-se, i might have expressed myself incorrectly. I'm looking for ad services with support for this kind of advertising. Something like MochiAds, but for desktop in-game advertising.

I think it will be a good idea to show the advertisement only when the game player pause the game.

well, you can try to reach advertisegame.com - I know for sure - they provide pre-launch ads - that could be useful.

Plus, check out these guys:

matomy.com

supersonicads

tokenads

They have solutions for in-game ads, I think. For free-to-play games, for sure.

Hope this helps:)

Plunged headlong into a promising start-up project. Public beta now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement