New software to PvP challenges and tournaments

Started by
12 comments, last by CasualKit 10 years ago

Try our new software (http://www.casualkit.com/) with a simple SDK or API integration that enables your players to compete against each other for real-money (small amounts to keep it casual) in challenges or tournaments. It will increase your monetization, player engagement and retention.

The integration will not interrupt your gameflow or design, and your players are given the opportunity to choose if they want to compete against other players for real-money.

All games that include a “challenge mode” between players like quiz, sports, arcades and endless runner games are great for our devkit.

Please let me know what you think! :)

Cheers!

Casualkit

www.casualkit.com

Advertisement

Moving you to our Your Announcements forum, good luck! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Ok, thanks :)

Really cool biggrin.png There was a thread on here recently looking for a service like this, but I couldn't find (m)any.

FYI - I just tried to view your page on my iPhone, and the home/default page was quite broken (had to scroll down a loooong way to find the content).

I'm currently working on a game that is going to use an optional system like this -- players can opt in to a 'paid' match for a small fee, which goes into a prize pool. We skim 10%, the winner of the match gets 50%, 2nd gets 30%, 3rd gets 10%, etc...

The problem is that dealing with all that real money is a big hassle for a developer, so paying someone like you to do it for us is an attractive option!

I couldn't quite tell from your site, but can players withdraw real money from their wallets? i.e. can players spend, and then win real money that they can take out of the game?

Can they also bet with fake/free virtual currency if they don't want to use real money?

On the negative though... the 50/50 split is really expensive! I would expect something more like 70/30, and that's if you were distributing my game to customers, not just handling my payments... so ideally as low as 95/5 tongue.png

For example, say my game has to make back $1M to be profitable (e.g. say I'm spending $500k on development and $500k on marketing). Say I also pay 30% income tax, so I really need to make back at least ~$1.5M.

In the 50/50 split scenario, I'm going to pay you $1.5M for your financial/data services, just so I can break even on my $1M development costs... This does not sound like a good deal to me - I'm paying you 3x more than I paid the development staff!

In a 90/10 scenario, I'm going to pay you $150k -- a price that's a lot closer to what it would cost to build my own half-baked internal payment system wink.png

Are you at all flexible on your pricing model?

Also, forcing my players to have a log-in for my game, and also a separate log-in for the payment system is really bad. Is there a way that log-ins and/or client registration could be done by the game servers?

This sounds like a really cool system, but is it allowed on iOS? Here's a few of the review guidelines in order to be accepted into iTunes

11.1 Apps that unlock or enable additional features or functionality with mechanisms other than the App Store will be rejected

11.2 Apps utilizing a system other than the In-App Purchase API (IAP) to purchase content, functionality, or services in an App will be rejected

https://developer.apple.com/appstore/resources/approval/guidelines.html#purchasing-currencies

11.1 Apps that unlock or enable additional features or functionality with mechanisms other than the App Store will be rejected
11.2 Apps utilizing a system other than the In-App Purchase API (IAP) to purchase content, functionality, or services in an App will be rejected

Has anyone found out how this actually works from the technical side. Under the "How it works" section on their web they just say

"Integrating our SDK or API is super simple and easy and it is designed not to interrupt your existing game flows. Create an account now and start generating significant revenue for your kickass games."

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Science Fiction Quiz

Thanks @Hodgman.

Let me try to answer your questions.

1. Yes players can withdraw real money from their wallets. Currency is selected and handled in our system. Your players chooses if they want to play for real money or not, and whatever they choose they will challenge likeminded players i.e. "real-money vs real-money" and "no-money value vs no-money value". If you want your players to play with fun-money or virtual items it’s all up to you because this can be done without our system.

2. We are flexible regarding our pricing model because we are interested to make some cases and therefore are open to any proposals. We respect your opinion regarding 50/50 split but we honestly still think it's quite fair. Our service is not a simple payment system but includes:

1. Customer support

2. Fraud control and screening

3. We provide a secure website (you need a website)

1. user wallets

2. transaction history

3. wiithdrawal support

4. currency support

5. lots of different payment options

6. hacker protection

4. Secure transactions, hourly backup, logging of all activities etc.

5. Data-storage for all your users.

6. Lets you sell virtual items at a fee on just 1% of your sales (optional - you can use your own software)

7. We handle communication with respectful legal authorities

8. Continuous split testing of both payment flows and betting flows in order to optimize your monetization.

9. Server and running costs

3. You don’t need to prompt for login if they don’t want to play for real money. It will also only be a one time login because of cookie.

I hope I have answered your questions but please let me know if you have other questions. Thanks for pinpointing areas on our website that we probably need to optimize in regards to text. Obviously it’s not clear enough what we provide ;)

Please contact me on jeppe@casualkit.com if you want to discuss partnership and pricing model. I’m sure we can make a deal that makes both of us happy.

Thank you @TinkTank711,

Yes our SDK is allowed on iOS. We use the same logic like any other betting app which means the transactions happens on our website.

Do you have a game that you think could benefit from our software?

Hi @Crichton333,

When you ask how it works from the technical side, do you mean documentation? If you go to ‘How it works’: bullet 3 gives you a link to our SDK and API. But no worries, here’s the link: https://www.casualkit.com/publisher/docs

But apparently our website does not make it clear so I will talk with the guys if we should change the text a bit. So thanks for your response :)

1. Yes players can withdraw real money from their wallets.
Your website is registered in Denmark, which suggests you are under EU legislation, so the above will very likely put you under about half a dozen money-laundry acts, starting from 91/308/EWG if I remember correctly, through some 2007 remake, and up to the 2013 rewrital, each being present both as EU guideline and locally implemented law (and they're not necessarily identical).

Which is one huge can of worms that I personally wouldn't like to open, and a lot of senseless stuff to comply with to keep yourself out of jail (such as the obligation to report all transactions).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement