Hey,
So I started with C# a year ago, and messed around with C++ and SDL for a bit. At first I learned the actual language, and then moved onto SDL. I learned parts of SDL mostly because a friend offered to tutor me, enabling me to learn how 2D games are drawn. After this, I moved onto Unity, and made a couple of small games to learn more about programming games.
I am now using Monogame, and plan to stay here for a while. I've been using it, and have thought of methods and ideas that could make it easier/more inuitive to draw sprites, create movement, create cameras, more readable input system (Like Unity's), etc.
Would making a project with these ideas and methods built-in make it an engine? It is, after all, a tool that makes life easier for devs. Making stuff like cameras and loading sprites easier certainly seems to be more efficient to me.
Just wondering ![]()