I know the topic title is a question largely asked. But I wanted to ask from another way.
For what I usually see as answer (and used myself), the common ones point to the SDL for the C and SFML for the C++, with sometimes Allegro and even OpenGL as second choice.
If I ommit Allegro that I never used, I agree with theses options, they are all really good librairies and do there job really well when correctly used. But my question point more about the others, the less frequent suggestions?
I imagine theses 4 are not the only ones that exist, sure they seem to shine at the top, but do you know, use, or even have created others libraries that do as much but with less visibility?
What are there names? Can you present them to us and explain why you chooses theses ones instead? What are the others (un)knowns possibilities that are available to us that we never or rarely learn about?