Any age of ships game where you can view ships?

Started by
5 comments, last by suliman 7 years ago

Hi

I need graphical input for ships so I want to be able to view ships and rotate so I can get both side view and view from above.

The silent hunter games have a "museum" mode where I can rotate and inspect ships. I want that (but that is in WW2 era). Any games that allow that in age of sail / pirate setting? I tried pirates of the burning sea but I can only view my own ship as far as I understand so far. I want to view ALL ships in the game.

If you know about a site with good colored drawings that could also work, but it needs to be from different views, not just side view.

Thanks!

Advertisement

I love games with this genre. I am not aware of any game where you can rotate 360 of any ship. But if you are doing research, these are (not exhaustive) the types of ships that was used back then during the Age of Exploration and around that period:

Caravel Latina/Redonda

Xebec

Nau/Carrack (Christopher Columbus' ships)

Galleon

Man-of-War

Sloop

Pinnace

Frigate

Venetian Galleass

Buss

Full-rigged ship

Asian ships:

Junk

Tekkousen (iron-armored ship)

You can research these types of ships on Wikipedia/Google which will probably give you a better and more accurate representation.

Thanks but I need topdown graphics for this project (not gonna "release" it so not worried about about copyright).

Ships from these would work:
port royale 3
sid meiers pirates

But they limit the camera tilt so I cannot get a view from top down (only side/isometric view).

Uhh A fairly decent game for looking around the ship models they use would be Naval Action,

Is set in a pirate theme era and actually has a pretty decent range of ships now, with full ability to control camera to look anywhere you want... even miles off in the distance at other peoples ships :o

Thanks!

That seems cool. But no demo and expensive for a non-released game so I'll wait for a free weekend.

Would CAD type blueprints help ?

https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/ships

Not really, but I got free camera to work with pirates of the burning sea, this works fairly well.

Thanks for your input!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement