Contest finality

Started by
33 comments, last by SKSlayer 22 years, 4 months ago
You say there should be no material prices for the contest, but, then none would do it
(you can find me on IRC : #opengl on undernet)
Advertisement
SkySlayer, then what''s the solution ? Perhaps when a user wants to vote he has to do it filling a form with a unique valid email address ? Or what else ?

glHorizon_Project

www.web-discovery.net

a good way would be to make the voter pay
but it wouldn''t be appreciated.

The way could be the Pentium 3 identification number, which is unique.

Still, I think that if organisators choose the winner, there is no cheat.
(you can find me on IRC : #opengl on undernet)
I think he best way is to have no vote and to always have a committee decide. There''s always gonna be someone who is gonna be tempted to cheat and it also prevents people from getting those they know to vote for them without even looking at the other entries. As far as not having a prize, I think some would still enter. For some like me its worth it just to get others to see my work and maybe even help them learn.
Yeah, I agree with cardinals33. The best way is to have a few people who decide. Anyway the number of friends choose the winner and that''s not fair.
-- tSG --
It''s really unfortunate things had to go down like this, I was looking forward to voting (some of those demos were really cool!)
I work in the internet sector and I deal with this kind of crap all the time. Unfortunately there really is no 100% sure way to stop little turds from screwing everything up without resorting to verifying the voters'' identity, and of course that requires things like credit card number checks which aren''t feasible.

How about for future contests forming the judging committee of the people who''ve donated to the site? This would give you a relatively small group of judges who''s identity could be verified, as well as motivate people to fork over cash for the site.

"So crucify the ego, before it''s far too late. To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that''s imagined and all conceivable."
- Tool
------------------------------
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
i also agree with the idea of a judging committee, perhaps is the most practical way. Could be an idea for future contests, i hope Jeff read this topic and he agree with us.

glHorizon_Project

www.web-discovery.net

Im looking for a post about people cheating in the Apocolypse Contest but I can''t find anything.

Can someone give me some direction or explain the situation?

------------------------------

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche

"So quiet, another wasted night, the television steals the conversation. Exhale, another wasted breathe, again it goes unnoticed...." ~ Dashboard Confessional
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
You have probably heard this stuff before...but im simply MAD!!
I think I used about 3hours on these demos, downloading..seperating the best demos in folders, and the best of these in another folder...and so on...but this is not why im mad...I cant belive that someone did this to NeHe, he had done alot of work on this web page, tutorials, contests and prizes! I just..just cant understand this!! What are you guys thinking out there!?!?!??!
damnit!! >
This post was wierd..but whatever..i had to get my anger out!!
-Volo
What the hell! I''ve only been gone for a week and trouble already, I haven''t had the chance to even vote yet man!! Stupid group projects and fixing the computer.

These look like some good entries here, best ones I''ve seen.

My grand mother always use to say there''s always one bad apple in the bunch that infects the rest.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement