Music?

Started by
18 comments, last by Mr_Black 24 years, 3 months ago
I know this is a little off the wall and this is just me being curious. But do any of you guys/girls listen to specific music when you program. I just thought it would be interesting to know if programmers listen to the same sort of music for inspiration. For the record (and I know I''ll get flamed for this ) I listen to 80''s Chease Metal when I code.
Advertisement
That''s a really good question. If it''s not too thought-intensive, I like to listen to Baroque music--Bach especially.

2mikes.com

FEE
This is probably weird, but I listen to all kinds of music, from stuff like star wars, to stuff like Sugar Ray, to even some rap from time to time. But it really doesnt affect teh way I code. If I am writing a story, it affects that, but not code.
Accually I listen to video game music while working on my design doc, It help me think about rpg stuff

My favorates right now are Frog''s theme (Chrono Trigger)
and Man with the Machine Gun (FF8)
I always listen to Techno, Rave or some movie soundtracks.
I like Scooter, Ayla, DJ Taylor & Flow, Chicane, Schiller,... (and of course the SUNSHINE LIVE radio station - that's what PyroFlo surely wants me to say)

Edited by - Melo on 1/28/00 8:33:33 AM
I like to listen to some old Swedish punk band or some kind of "harder" stuff like Offspring/Scooter while I code.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Death is lifes way saying your fired.
Yeah..

Melo is completely right HEHE!!

TECHNO RULES - I LOVE TECHNO TOO!!
SUNSHINE LIVE RULEZ TOO!!

hehe!

Abfahrt....

CU
PyroFlo
LISTEN 2 TECHNO!!!!

CU
PyroFlo
LISTEN 2 TECHNO!!!!

Hmm.. I''m usually trying to listen something "easy going" during coding, because I will get somehow little bored if I''m listening Heavy, even after it''s my favorite style... Usually I''m listening bands like Sentenced, Metallica, HIM, and so on, but when I''m coding... hmm... Anime / JPOP music, Sugar Ray / Bloodhoud Gang, or demo-music, like Second Reality - Purplemotion.

Those bands keep me in mood

Yep - HIM is quite good, too.

And Sunshine Live is the best radio station in south Germany!!
It depends. Sometimes I like to listen to rather heavy alternitive and metal, but usually I just turn the TV on or listen to talk radio over the internet. When I am working on difficult code or if I am having problems, I usually opt for silence.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement