How Do I Make A Game Engine

Started by
38 comments, last by butt_mike 22 years, 2 months ago
does anyone have a suggestion on which api i should use (the best one)
Advertisement
You are welcome.
STS Shadow Moses if you language doesn''t improve the Admin of this forum will be contacted and you will be removed. Just a warning and a reminder.

-Thank You Sir
quote:Original post by VisualB4BigD
STS Shadow Moses if you language doesn''t improve the Admin of this forum will be contacted and you will be removed. Just a warning and a reminder.

You are not in a position to make threats and to decide the correct etiquette for this forum. Leave that to the moderators, they will deal with any troublemakers as they see fit.

quote:Original post by butt_mike
does anyone have a suggestion on which api i should use (the best one)

Thats a matter of personal preference. As many people will tell you, there is no "best one". You''ll have to do your own research on this topic and make your own decision regarding which API you should use.

Google, possibly the best search engine on the internet. Learn how to use it, it is an invaluable tool.

I still cant figure out if this is just a set up or not... but i have noticed "butt_mike" and "STS Shadow Moses" both signed up on the same day. Suppose that cant prove anything however. Could a moderator check the IPs, see if they''re the same person?
--------------------Go Stick Your Head In A Pig
I recomend you do something 2D in DirectX7 first
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
no we are not the same person

monitor check them and u will see

i like the idea from Useless Hacker thanks
hahahha that is funny.

Grellin

Don''t sit and complain about a program, make a better one or shut up!
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
To both of you: (The ones who are spamming this topic with their crap. They are probably both losers) Just stfu and go buy some friends or whatever just don''t be rude here and post all this crap.

butt_mike: I think, if you know how to program, you should know it''s quite impossible for you to program a FF engine at this stage. Maybe you first need to learn some game programming. The tutorials/articles and books on this site can help you with that. Just don''t expect to have anything FF-like up/finished within 2 years... patience is a virtue
quote:Original post by STS Shadow Moses
HAHA thanks spiral, lol if i get booted it doesn''t really matter I''m jus here to piss mr.butt_mike off lol, after all he is my best friend and the things we do best is to piss eachother off!!

Just because i dont think other members should threaten you and try to project some kind of authority over you, doesnt mean i think they are wrong. I think you''re an idiot and should be banned. It just isn''t my place to promise you that though.
--------------------Go Stick Your Head In A Pig
I believe they are 2 different people. But I also believe they will not be going to the top. I''ve known countless numbers of people who have written out their ideas, written stories, then gone in to forums like this to ask for help. Not even knowing the basic concepts of programming to answer the questions from the very people they are asking for help from. I feel sorry for these people though.

First off, if you are already asking how to make an engine, you are NOT ready to make one. Like most people here have said, and have done, GO BUY A BOOK. Make something simple, and in 2D. Then after a year or two, and after you have finished a few games, pop open an OpenGL book or Direct3D one. Have a whole new party

Go to http://www.amazon.com and type DirectX in the search engine. You WILL find something.

But first, if you can hardly search for stuff on the internet... How do you even know how to code?

I''m babbling like a monkey now. Till next time.

One more thing: PUNCTUATE!!!

-AfroFire
AfroFire | Brin"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."-Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement