a "quake like console" tutorial! ... any one interested?

Started by
51 comments, last by daher 22 years ago
I''m gonna write a tutorial based on lesson25 on how to create a quake like console. and i REALLY wanna make sure u guys are interested before i start writing ... i already got NeHe''s permision to write it . so if u are interested just post any words,ideas, or any helpfull tips ... "The Railgun Master" DaHeR
____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ
Advertisement
That would be great. Go for it.

_________
"Maybe this world is another planet''''s hell." -- Aldous Huxley
_________"Maybe this world is another planet''s hell." -- Aldous Huxley
That''s a very good feature that all applications should have.
Go for it !
Sounds nice.
Yes I''m definately interested.
My friend wrote a console, but did it like a complete a-hole. I''d definitely want to read your tutorial.

Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.
___________________________________________________________Where to find the intensity (Updated Dec 28, 2004)Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
If I were you I would have written the tutorial regardless and just presented it to the community. Like my article on particle systems. I didn''t ask anyone if they wanted it, I was just frustrated that so many programmers couldn''t think beyond the tutorials other programmers had written. My article was intended as a primer so people could see the scope of particle systems and I hope your tutorial does the same to a greater or lesser extent.

Course if anyone wanted to write a Q2 / Q3 style console they could just take a 15 minute browse through the Q2 or Aftershock source codes to get the general gyst of how to write one and then do it alllll by themselves

-------- E y e .Scream Software --------
----------------------------------------
                                  /-\
    http://www.eyescream.cjb.net | * |
                                  \-/
----------------------------------------
Yes that would be very nice! =)

Kenneth Wilhelmsen
Try my little 3D Engine project, and mail me the FPS. WEngine
Or just visit my site
--------------------------
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This
disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder
Well - I''m even currently doing my own console,
and I didn''t need a tutorial - and I''M NOT A GOOD PROGRAMMER,
but I think a console is one of the easier tasks.

What exactly are you gonna explain ?
-Interpreting a string with commands and args
-Showing the console onscreen

anyway - there may be people who really need it - so if you
got questions ask me
I hate signatures !!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement