Level Creation(maybe a bsp question)

Started by
4 comments, last by CtrlAltDel 21 years, 11 months ago
I was wondering what exactly is this bsp thing I keep hearing about? If I have the models and other gfx for my world what is the easiest way for a beginer to load these into a playable demo?
Advertisement
The easiest way would be to use a freely available 3D engine. The usual way would be to learn the steps involved by reading up on OpenGL or DirectX.

Google is your friend as far as things like BSP go. A search for "bsp tutorial" would surely give lots of good results.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
The typical BSP people talk about here are the Quake 1/2/3 level file formats (each quite different). There is example code and demos on the web, try here or here on flipcode but really google is your friend.

The easiest way to load these is to get hold of Quake/2/3 or half-life or any of the other modable Quake engine games and either write a mod or just load the level. However you probably want to find out what a video card is before getting into the details.
try here for a good explanation on BSP''s

http://www.3dtechdev.com/tutorials/leafbsp/3dbsptrees.html

Regards
Thanks
www.GameTutorials.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement