D3DERR_INVALIDCALL -> SOLVED! :)

Started by
11 comments, last by Corvus 21 years, 10 months ago
When I perform a CreateDevice on my machine (using C#.NET and DirectX 8.1), I get an HRESULT which means D3DERR_INVALIDCALL. When I run the same code on the machine of my colleague, it works fine. So this has got nothing to do with .NET or the type library. What else could cause this error? Could it be the driver of my video card?? Thanx +++ Corvus +++ [edited by - Corvus on June 18, 2002 7:03:00 AM]
+++ Corvus +++
Advertisement
Usually means parameter structures are not being initialised correctly.
It could be just luck that the garbage from an uninitialised field in one of the D3D structures just happens to work on your colleagues machine.
<a href="http://www.purplenose.com>purplenose.com
With C#.NET, structures are automatically filled with the default values for the value types of that struct. A struct with 2 ints for example, will be filled with two zero''s. So, that''s not the problem...

+++ Corvus +++
+++ Corvus +++
I have this same problem. No one has been able to help me yet. What type of video card is in the one that worked and yours? I tested an app made in C++ for Direct3D and it said "Error Creating Device", but I ran the same app but made in VB and it worked.*confused* I did that on an nVidia AGP Graphics Card w/ 16MB and 512MB RAM. On my computer I ran them both and neither worked. It has an ATI 3D Rage Pro II+ w/ 16MB and 128MB RAM.

If thispost = 0 Then
GoBack()

Else
Read()
End If
I'll have a link to the TriFaze website as soon as possible. It's still currently being designed, by myself of course! =) I'll update the URL and my signature as soon as possible.Feel free to send me a message on Yahoo! or AOL IM™. =)
Try the debug runtime.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Will this fix my problem? Or will it just help me to point out where the bug can be found...

My machine is an IBM Thinkpad 800Mhz 320MB with an ATI Rage Mobility M-AGP with 8MB RAM. I have never updated the drivers for my video card, so could that be the problem?

+++ Corvus +++
+++ Corvus +++
The latter. And you most definitely should update your drivers.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
ok, I''ll try that, but the problem is, ATI does not offer standard drivers for their mobility cards, because the driver software is specific for each brand of laptop lcd-screen... that sucks

+++ Corvus +++
+++ Corvus +++
I think there''s something about Direct3D and ATI that they hate about each other. L0L. I ran dxdiag.exe, though, and Direct3D went okay.

If thispost = 0 Then
GoBack()

Else
Read()
End If
I'll have a link to the TriFaze website as soon as possible. It's still currently being designed, by myself of course! =) I'll update the URL and my signature as soon as possible.Feel free to send me a message on Yahoo! or AOL IM™. =)
My colleague also has an ATI mobility, but he has installed a driver, some time ago, so.....

+++ Corvus +++
+++ Corvus +++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement