One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn

Started by
587 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 5 months ago
That all seems pretty understandable. Since I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn't really ready for the 4E4 contest I might give this one a go. I was planning on setting myself a few one week challenges in the New Year anyway to learn some design skills, so I might as well try this one! I hope my design ideas get inspired by the theme...
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Michalson
Quote:Original post by Ravuya
More than one button only if it is intended for multiplayer (i.e. hotseat) or if it works on the menu system -- high score entry, for example. Again, final word: one button per player ONLY WHILE PLAYING: multiple buttons can be used in the front-end (menus, etc)

Ok, so as long as we remain within the spirit of the competition, that the game itself is played with only one button per player without the aid of any non-button inputs, it's within the rules.

Correct, sir. I would be very surprised if someone made a one-button MMORPG though [grin]
Hey this sounds cool maybe this will be inspirational enough for me that I might actually make a game again (just like I did with 4e4 [rolleyes]). I'll definately TRY to remember to do this. Honest. This time I'm serious. yeah.
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
This is a good contest. I think it would be cool if the results were compiled and licensed for [free] distrobution by companies like Inclusive. The use of a single button is a significant limitation/requirement for software used by people with physical disabilities. Inclusive's site also has software for use by a single button and you can see some examples of how to create things like menus.
Interesting contest - I could do with that Radeon since my GF2MX is a little tired.

Now all I have to do is get this or this to function with a single button.

Hmmm - I may enter if I can think of ANY ideas by the weekend.
It looks like a cool contest... :) And a Radeon is definitely a wowing prize!

Thanks Ravuya :)
More than one button only if it is intended for multiplayer (i.e. hotseat) or if it works on the menu system -- high score entry, for example. Again, final word: one button per player ONLY WHILE PLAYING: multiple buttons can be used in the front-end (menus, etc)

Ok, so as long as we remain within the spirit of the competition, that the game itself is played with only one button per player without the aid of any non-button inputs, it's within the rules.

Correct, sir. I would be very surprised if someone made a one-button MMORPG though [grin]

hmmm...If someone did make a one button MMORPG, would it be breaking the rules if they had the ability to use the full keyboard to enter text into the chat window (but otherwise the game played with one button - i.e. you could be a bastard who didn't feel like talking with people, just pking them and using their weapons to complete all the quests) would that be alright. Namely the chat window, while enhancing the game (by allowing people to socialize), was not actually used to do any in game actions. I'm not trying to stretch the rules, so if it's not in the spirit of the competition, just say "no in game chat!" (and I guess the chat question goes for any multiplayer game people might make, i.e. 1 button multiplayer pong via the internet)
Sounds cool, count me in.
I'm tempted, but I not sure how busy I'll be next week.
I do not have to register up front, do I?

hmmm...If someone did make a one button MMORPG, would it be breaking the rules if they had the ability to use the full keyboard to enter text into the chat window (but otherwise the game played with one button - i.e. you could be a bastard who didn't feel like talking with people, just pking them and using their weapons to complete all the quests) would that be alright. Namely the chat window, while enhancing the game (by allowing people to socialize), was not actually used to do any in game actions. I'm not trying to stretch the rules, so if it's not in the spirit of the competition, just say "no in game chat!" (and I guess the chat question goes for any multiplayer game people might make, i.e. 1 button multiplayer pong via the internet)

I was thinking of morse code, actually. [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement