One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn

Started by
587 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I don't think I got an answer about multiple entries. Also, I know this might be a stupid question, but just to be on the safe side: Is Flash allowed?

Thanks
-Chris
Advertisement
We also haven't heard about in-game chat that lets you communicate while playing but doesn't affect gameplay (besides any possible psychological impact on the other player). It's not an issure for me as I won't be doing online multiplayer, though.

giveblood: If he said using gamemakers and even modifying completed games is OK, I'm 99% sure that flash is OK, too. He gave the impression that you could use any technical method, as long as it works on his computer and only uses one button for gameplay.

[edit] I'd like to know about multiple entries too, though.
Multiple entries are OK.
Flash is allowed.
Chat (as long as it doesn't impact the game) is allowed. If the chat does somehow impact the game, you'd better figure out how to use morse code. [grin]
Looks like I won't be attending classes next week [wink].

[Edited by - Rob Loach on November 12, 2005 9:05:32 AM]
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
Looks like I won't be attending classes next week [wink].

Dude, who needs classes? This is video game development. Millions of years of human evolution and our very highest of mathematical and logical knowledge and invention has lead up to this very point in time!

It is your genetic and societal duty to produce a killer game, I say!
I'm in.
¨@_
It says in the rules that "Any button may be used outside of the game -- for example, navigating in menus". To make this more clear, this does mean that entries can have top window menus?

Also, isn't a 1-10 scale not that effective when it comes to this kind of contest? One person's entrie may excel when it comes to graphics, while another person's entrie may excel when it comes to intuitiveness of the button and its control scheme. Considering the amount of contestants that seem to be interested, shouldn't there be more values that are awarded that lead up to that 1-10 score, much like it was for 4E4? Those are just my thoughts though....

Quote:Original post by giveblood
Hi, I don't think I got an answer about multiple entries.

Do you really expect to make more then one game in a week. Even making one game in a week is a lot of work.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Can I use PropaneInjector?

And if so whar ar teh docs? >__>

[Edited by - Mushu on November 12, 2005 10:46:05 AM]
Yeah, what are the rules for old library code?

Show before contest starts?
¨@_
Like I've said before, USE OF OLD LIBRARIES/ENGINES/GAMES IS A-OK AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE RIGHTS TO DISTRIBUTE EXECUTABLES MADE WITH THEM.

I'm also looking for judges -- if you're not producing an entry please PM me and let me know that you would like to judge.

[Edited by - Ravuya on November 12, 2005 6:17:52 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement