Adventure Game Third person - Fixed camera vs Camera follow
adventure game 3d puzzle fantasy
Our world is finally taking shape, growing in detail and diversity!
However, we are now starting to face a challenging option, and we would love some input from the community.
As third person perspective fans in adventure games, that aspect is pretty much decided, however do we have the camera follow the character, and give total freedom for the player to wander around the world or use fixed camera angles guiding the player through the paths we want them to take:
Some identified aspects on both parts:
- We can provide better detail on each scene, thinking more from a 2.5D perspective
- It is easier to code scenes to be relevant to the puzzles, as the plane is fixed, it's easier for example to find items. and paths to follow.
- It is challenging to avoid the typical frustrations with bad camera angles.
- We feel this options allows to player to be more immersed in the game world
- It's easier to make all scenes consistent as the flow between each location is seamless.
We would love to hear your thoughts on this!