website sponsorship

Started by
1 comment, last by kindfluffysteve 21 years, 9 months ago
does anybody have any ballpark figures of what you get from what a website can get from banner adding and sponsorship? Sometimes its like click throughput that gets the money but i think thats silly. There are banners on the way to work that nobody clicks and somebody payed to put them up.
Advertisement
It depends entirely on the amount of traffic your site gets, the topic of your site, and the value of your audience. To get more than per-click advertising you''re going to need site statistics (get a reputable counter).

CommissionJunction.com or cj.com is free. You can sign up with advertisers that match the demographic of your site.

IcarusIndie.com get around 25,000 unique IPs (300,000+ page views) per month and I have ads embedded in the HTML as just text. For instance in the Game Source section, a bunch of the "Buy This Game" links are ads. It''s a very clean and effective way of doing it. At first I had a number of graphical ads

Since these are the results I''m getting

Web site All web sites
Period This Year
Commission earned $0.00
Sales 0
Leads 0
Clicks 321
Impressions 51261
CTR 0.63%
EPM N/A
EPC $0.00

I yanked all of the graphical ads I had except for the "Magazine" section which is obviously a big giant ad for game magazines and so I don''t worry about making it subtle. Also the "Dot Com" page has relavent advertising for the companies I recommend with a couple banners.

I would never use a pop up ad though.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | DevZone | Gang Wars | The Wall | Hosting | Dot Com ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement