Direct3D Sprites Anti-Alias

Started by
6 comments, last by Pipo DeClown 21 years, 4 months ago
How to turn it of? .lick
Advertisement
I think setting filter to ''D3DX_FILTER_NONE'' will help.
_________________________ www.leXor.net
Are you using ID3DXSprite? If so I haven''t found a way to do it yet. If anyone knows a way, please post it !

- master_ball

----------------------------
We R 138
-- master_ball --------------------------------student seeking future game dev career, advice welcome
it still does a little when I scale!

.lick
Remember to set all three of the filter texture states equal to D3DX_FILTER_NONE (both for shrinking and magnifying, as well as for mipmapping)

Also (assuming that you use the D3DXLoadTextureFrom* functions to load your bitmaps), set the appropriate parameters on THAT function to D3DX_FILTER_NONE.

I haven''t the foggiest whether this oughta work or not - try it out and tell us

GL
Spyros

-----------<<>>-----------
Flareman (a.k.a Ga1adaN)
Primus ante Adain
flareman@freemail.gr
-----------<<>>------------
-----------<<>>-----------Flareman (a.k.a Ga1adaN)Primus ante Adain[email=flareman@freemail.gr]flareman@freemail.gr[/email]-----------<<>>------------
You could try turning off alphablending, and just using alphatesting. That way your background is still transparent, but the edges are all sharp.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
none of it works...

.lick
If you are using ID3DXSprite be sure to change the filter after BegiSprite() has bee called. Change the magfilter and the minfilter to none. This ca be done through SetRenderState in DX 8.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement