A little help on C++

Started by
7 comments, last by AtomicToxin 21 years, 4 months ago
Hey, I know I already made a post on this, but noone seems to be replying... I wana master/learn C++ really well... What books would be good to do so? I have Sams Teach YourSelf C++... Shouldn''t I get one more book to master C++? I was thinking Object-Oriented Programming in C++... And/or Visual Basic 6 start kit, cause I can get VB6 for cheap, $20... Thanks, reply ASAP... And I know the for beginners section and stuff... I want people''s answers...
Advertisement
From what I''ve heard the Sam''s books seems to be pretty good (but not the greatest). My advice to you is go through that from front to back. Don''t worry about getting other books (unless you know how to read from 2/3 books at once). Finish that book first! Do all the exercises that are in it. Afterwards come and ask for a intermediate book.

A journey begins with one step...

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I'm only gonna have money for a little bit, so I need to know other books now before I spend my money on something stupid, I wana get basic programming books now, then at the end of April I'll get programming books on DirectX 9, they should be out by then shouldn't they? Cause I only get money on special months, like december being christmas, and april being my birthday... So, I guess I should get Sams Teach YourSelf VB6 Starter Kit? And maby The Complete C++ Reference? Okay... Thanks... I forgot about OpenGL... I'm going to try an be a good programmer, maby learn OpenGL and DirectX... , tho, I am thinking to much, I'll just do it...

[edited by - AtomicToxin on December 24, 2002 2:16:34 PM]
Hey atomic,
seeing as you are never on msn any more (always your sister anyway) when you finish reading up on c++ get on msn and talk to me and we can talk about infantry a bit more.
Ps learn SDL (<a href="http://cone3d.gamedev.net>Con3d tutorials)
Hey atomic,
seeing as you are never on msn any more (always your sister anyway) when you finish reading up on c++ get on msn and talk to me and we can talk about infantry a bit more.
Ps learn SDL (<a href="http://cone3d.gamedev.net>Con3d tutorials)
Atomic if u are learning c++ why do u need a visual basic starter kit as its for visual basic
Yeah... I guess your right... Should I get C++ The Complete Reference? Okay, me and someone else have started a team, called Zirconium... I''ll tell you more on MSN... Okay, for right now I''m working on my own little C++ project, on horoscopes, (console app), you type in your birthday day,month, and year and a list will come up and tell you what your horoscope is, and signs, etc... I''m doing for the practice, to get used to writing alot of code... Okay, later...
Hey,

A lot of people have never heard of this book, but I found the book "How to Program C++" by Deitel & Deitel an *EXTREMELY* good reference book. If you know the basics from a "Sam''s" book, the Deitel & Deitel book can really clear up any questions you have about syntax or use of commands. It''s probably available on Amazon, you should check it out. As far as DirectX programming, I really liked Andre Lamothe''s Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus because it didn''t teach you just how to load bitmaps and move them around, it shows you algorithms for vector rasterization, polygon transformation and rotation, and a lot of other nice snippets of code that can really clear things up! Hope this helps and good luck! You''ve got a long road ahead of you!

Mike
Mikehttp://cs.wpunj.edu/~bowersom
Yea, i would also recommend that book by deitel and deitel, that was my first C++ book, and the one i always go to as a refrence if im confused about somthing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement