Linker errors by the bag full

Started by
13 comments, last by Crow-knee 21 years, 2 months ago
Got your mail, I''ll look at it soon enough.

I tried to build a DX project my self, then putted in all headers of all generated files in one, and got a familiar message:
"d3dapp.obj : error LNK2005: "unsigned char * D3DRM_XTEMPLATES" (?D3DRM_XTEMPLATES@@3PAEA) already defined in d3dfile.obj"

After little investigation, I find that D3DRM_XTEMPLATES is defined (not only declared) in rmxftmpl.h. So, this one must only be included in one of you source files. VC++ choose the d3dfile.cpp, which might be appropriate.

I''ll look at the other errors now.

Advertisement
ok, I didn''t get any of the _TID_ errors when compiling your project. After I moved the #include <rmxftmpl.h> from global.h and put it in d3dfile.cpp, the project compiled and linked fine.

Hope that solves your problem.

Shazbot!!
Nope. I still get the errors.
This may require a re-install. I am running out of ideas.
Thanks all for your help.
I''ll keep watching this thread incase anyone else has a clue, meanwhile, I shall do a re-install.
Steele.
Finally!! Some closure.
A new project, a fresh start and everything comes up just peachy.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Good ol'' VC++.
Now to delete that troublesome project... now where''s me magnet???
Good to hear. I tracked down those _TID_D3DRMxxx identifiers to the rmxfguid.h file, and was about to suggest you to only include that one in a single source file, but saw that you solved it. Sometimes a fresh start solves everything (weird, isn''t it?)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement