A great c++ book?

Started by
13 comments, last by KohryuSan 21 years, 1 month ago
so far it seems to be helping and seems to be a very beginner friendly and very efficiant, has anyone else tried " C++ all-in-one Desk reference for Dummies" ? im just starting it its almost 900 pages and its only 35$ .it seems like a very handy reference guide and a simple learners guide for beginners . what does everyone else whos tried this book think of it? Hello
Hello
Advertisement
Personally, I prefer "Thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckel
My favorite single C++ is Deitel & Deitel''s "C++: How to Program" - it''s over 1000 pages packed full of info, but is organized very well with no wasted sentences. It''s about $60-80.

(silencer)
I picked up "C++: A Dialog" by Steve Heller and it''s been understandable for a complete newb like me.

-LD
I recommend "C+ How to program" by Deitel & Deitel.
I''m sticking with the classic "C++ in 21 days" for learning the basic syntax :D

This is the polish virus. It is not an executable, but if you would kindly format your entire harddrive, we would be happy.
I tend to like the titles published by Addison Wesley. In particular, check out Accelerated c++ by Koenig and Moo(good introductory), The c++ programming language by Strustroup(good reference/know it all book), and The design and evolution of c++(some historical perspectives for the design decisions of c++). Once you become more advanced, check out Modern c++ design(Alexandrescu) and (More) Effective c++/stl(meyers).
I don''t recommend "c++ all-in-one desk reference for dummies" unless you are a complete beginner to programming (it avoids all technical issues which I believe you should understand to be a good programmer), and I do recommend "Beginning Visual C++ 6".

Jason Doucette - my online résumé page: www.jasondoucette.com
projects, real-time graphics, artificial intelligence, world records, wallpapers/desktops
Jason Doucette / Xona.comDuality: ZF — Xbox 360 classic arcade shmup featuring Dual Play
"C++ Primer" uber alles!!! It''s not for beginners, however.
I second that recommendation for Ivor Horton''s "Beginning Visual C++" - another helpful book I''ve got. It''s got about 7 chapters for a review of C++ but goes in depth about windows programming. "C Unleashed" by SAMS is another great book for more advanced material that applies to C and C++.

(silencer)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement