its soooooo big......

Started by
6 comments, last by djsteffey 23 years, 10 months ago
Why wasnt I warned of the length of Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus.........Barnes and Noble called me this morning telling me that the book I ordered was in......I of course was excited to finally know that in moments I would have the book in my hands and be able to start learning......I figured I would probably read the whole thing today......but no no I didn''t realize the book was so long.....1005 pages to be exact......but that is okay....it contains so much info that I think I will be satisfied for the next few weeks/months....that is not to mention the two books that are on the accompanying CD.....a wealth of knowledge indeed "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail themGames Productions
Advertisement
How big did you think it would be? 1005 pages is small. In my day we had books ten times the size of that, good reading them was too. We would spend an hour reading them every day and then go down the mine. blah blah blah. Why did you think it would be small? It''s a programming book for goodness sake.

------------------------------
#pragma twice
Dont get me wrong.......I am not complaining in the slightest bit....It is more then I expected to get so I am quite happy with it.....
I was expecting something mabye around 300 to 400 pages long and be done with it.........but Andre has done a nice job with this book......I like the fact that there is other stuff besides just DirectX in the book (like the AI and such)
But I am very happy with the book
I recommend it to everyone

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

We had stone tablets to read when growing up {VBG}.
I also picked up the book and am very impressed.

IceFire
Apart from a few errors in source code, the book is pretty good.
Yes, it is big - but then you want all the knowledge you can get.

-Mezz
errors? what chapters have the errors? I compiled most of them fine. (I didn''t watse my time compiling all of them)

JoeMont001@aol.com
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
You had stone tablets?
WE had to use .pdf files!
-M

Saráth evenü, cán el-sayü liné!
Saráth evenü, cán el-sayü liné!
we had to figure things out by ourselves *gasp*

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

--Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement