The Best Game of All Time Is...

Started by
76 comments, last by farmersckn 23 years, 9 months ago
Diablo i´ve played it till today but my long wait is over Diablo 2 is gone sale.And no editing cheating duplication......PK´s....
Advertisement
On the C64:
BC Quest for Tires
Summer Games
SpeedBall 2 - easily one of the best games I''ve ever played. My parents sold my C64 a long time ago, but I''d like to get my hands on this game again sometime.
Last Ninja 1
Wizard of Wor
River Raid
Raid over Moscow
F-15 Strike Eagle
Silent Run
Spy Hunter - way to much time spent with this one
Barbarian
World Karate Championship

For the PC
Quest For Glory series - Particularly, 1 & 2. 1 was on the verge of genius.
Kyrandia series - Can''t believe I haven''t seen this one mentioned yet. Very well done games.
Questron
Space Quest series - Hilarious games that still keep me laughing. 1 and 3 were the best.
Starcraft
Baldur''s Gate
Xenon - old game. A top down scroller where you could turn into a tank and a jet. Very cool idea.
Airborne Ranger
Ironman''s super off road racing - It looked like you were driving remote control cars. That was cool.
Wolfenstien, Doom, Doom II - As soon as each one came out I played them straight to the end. Great games.
Warcraft II
Pirates - the original. Perfect balance of action and strategy.
Diablo
Wing Commander 1&2 - You couldn''t beat the music of Wing Commander 1. Those pounding drums were great. And the intro to Wing Commander 2 with the speech pack installed still brings a smile to my face.
Dune 2 - Not only was it a land mark game, but it was a damn good one.
Unreal Tournament
MechWarrior 1&2 - Warhammer, Rifleman, Battlemaster? What more could you want?
MDK - brilliant game.
Star Control series
Lemmings - When I fist saw this game, I was like "so what do I ...DO?", but when I got the hang of it I could stop playing.
Tie Fighter - The only space combat game that could hold it''s on against Wing Commander
F-19 Stealth Fighter
F-117a
Gunship
Falcon 3.0
Solar Winds - Great story
Tyrian - Two players could combine ships to form one ultimate ship. Sweet!
Raptor - First high quality top down scroller I ever saw
Giana Sisters - The super mario brothers of the C64
Thexder - Brilliant music. Being how I was a Robotech fan, the fact that the robot you piloted resembled the Robotech mecha gave me an instant love for the game.
Commander Keen series - Lots of laughs
Double Dragon - Lots of replay with friends a family
Super Contra
Altered Beast - My parents wouldn''t buy me a Sega, so imagine my joy when I found out years later that it had a PC port.
Red Storm Rising - one of the best submarine games I''ve ever played

For 800xl

Montezuma, Star Fighter.

For Snes

Chrono Trigger.

For PC

DOOM and the clones :quake,unreal,etc.
XCOM (the oldiest)
CIV.
Dune 2 and the clones :warcraft, starcraft,etc.

pd :Dmiles96, you likes all??. BC quest for tires s#uck!. Better Moon Patrol (good music :-)

-eng3d.softhome.net-
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
No love for Alexei Pajitnov?

Philistines.

$0.02
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck''s Revenge
The Curse of Monkey Island
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango

Some others I''ve forgotten. On PSX my fav''s are:

Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Syphon Filter
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Crash Team Racing

Again, plus some others I''ve forgotten.

------------------------------
Changing the face of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
Oh! And Kyrandia 1 and 3... Hand of Fate (#2) sucked...

And to deathsled: Maniac Mansion was not "built into" DOTT, DOTT is the SEQUEL to Maniac Mansion. MM was the first adventure game LucasArts ever did (and therefore the first to use SCUMM, which stands for Scripting Utility Used in Maniac Mansion). They just threw it into DOTT as a bonus since it's the sequel.

just so you know

------------------------------
Changing the face of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive

Edited by - AtypicalAlex on June 29, 2000 3:53:36 PM

Edited by - AtypicalAlex on June 29, 2000 3:54:50 PM
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
Well Now,

Half-Life is a great first person
shooter. Ninja Wrriors again for the
SNES was a great side scrolling beat-em-up.
Final Fantasy 8 is a brilliant RPG, as were
all the Zelda games. And C&C was the first
truly amazing stratagey that inspired me.

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
hmm. i would have to say "Phantasy Star" for Sega, "Zelda" for NES, "Final Fantasy II" for Super NES.

but the best is definitely "Final Fantasy VII" for Playstation.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
Best of the best: DOOM (Incredible atmosphere and gameplay. Hard for a modern gamer to appreciate this because of the old technology, but an absolute classic nonetheless. Can''t wait to see what Carmack does with version 3)

Honourable mentions:
Half-Life (fantastic gameplay, storyline, technology, etc. This is how games should be made - more attention paid to the overall experience)
X-Wing (excellently balanced - challenging, yet very addictive and great fun)
Star Control 2 (Plenty of fun, lots of potential for exploration and discovery)
The game Daggerfall would have been if it was less buggy and repetitive/generic (Morrowind should take this slot when it comes out)
An old shareware rpg called Aethra. Very nice gameplay, plot and world. Nice music too.
System Shock and Terra Nova would probably be here too but I''ve never played them.
So might Thief if I''d played the full version.
And probably Baldur''s Gate if it didn''t keep crashing on me.
The games I have spent the longest portion of my life player are:
Civ and Civ2,
and then
AOE and AOE2

currently my favorite games are Alpha Centauri + Expansion pack (for the great multiplayer games) and AOE2, again for the great multiplayer games. I am also just getting into Shogun now too.

Possibility

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement