12 games, where do I start?

Started by
21 comments, last by Tiso 23 years, 10 months ago
I recently picked PC Gamer, and inside was 12 classic games for the PC. Which one should I play first? Which ones are good? Need for Speed Ultima Underworld: The Stygain Abyss Ultima 1: The First Age of Darkness The Secret of Monkey Island Links: The Challenge of Golf X-COM: UFO Defense Wing Commander Alone in the Dark Terminal Velocity Duke Nukem 2 King''s Quest 1 Descent Choose one, or choose 3, I don''t care. Which ones are good? ............ Guardian Angel Interactive
Advertisement
X-COM is, in my book, one of the best games of all time. It does not realy fit well into any of the well establishd genres of today (some RTS, some tactical, some turn-based strategy), which may be why it is such a good game.
X-Com it is! I still want other opinions please!

Guardian Angel Interactive
After X-Com I would definitly go for ultima underworld.
IMHO The Secret of Monkey island is probably the second best game there after X-COM.

-- Kazan - Fire Mountain Games --

Edited by - Kazan on June 28, 2000 2:21:59 PM
Duke Nukem! No dout about it!
i''d say descent, duke, king''s quest, terminal velocity, or need for speed would be good.

all of them are cheap as hell now, so why not buy them all! you may not be able to find some of them, probably can''t even download them as warez. it''s been a long time since i''ve seen old Sierra games (LSL, KQ, SQ) in stores or on the net, so Kings Quest might be hard to find. They had a big pack a while back that had the King''s Quest games, 1-5. That was a damn good pack ...

just my opinion...
david

--
davidw@heehaw.com
neonstar entertainment
--david@neonstar.netneonstar entertainment
>> all of them are cheap as hell now, so why not buy them all! you may not be able to find some of them, <<

Why would he buy them...? He already has all of them.

- Muzzafarath

Mad House Software
The Field Marshals
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Neonstar, all the games he listed are available on the latest PC Gamer CD (June Issue, I believe). We''re talking the full versions of those games, not demos.
This is my order of preference for those games...

X-com, by far the best of the lot
Ultima Underworld, definitely the second best
Alone in the dark and Descent, can''t pick a favorite between these two. Both offer up a rather unique experience.
None of the rest really ever appealed to my gaming intests for one reason or another. In particular, the following, while great games of their time, don''t offer up anything some newer games would give you even more of...

Need for Speed
Ultima 1
Links
Terminal Velocity
Duke Nukem 2

Comments and opinions will be filtered through the flamerator.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement