What happened to OpenGL.org?

Started by
22 comments, last by benjamin bunny 20 years, 8 months ago
"That just shows how far above your head I went with my statements."

Just goes to show how full of yourself you are.

"I''m not some Linux loving geek."

Perhaps then just an egomaniacal geek who bases his entire self worth on his ability to waste time doing things could just as well be automated.

"Windows sucks because it''s too damn hard to *keep* it running."

Only if you buy a POS system (read: Gateway, HP, Dell, etc). I havn''t had issues with Windows since I started building my own systems about 4 or 5 years ago. IcarusIndie.com ran on WinMe for awhile without a hitch. I moved up to Win2K because I heard it was better and because I wanted to use IIS. And WinME didn''t like having 2 network cards which made it difficult to do connection sharing (I''ve since gotten a router). IIS lasted even less long than Linux on my system (a few hours vs maybe 5). IIS only made it live because I didn''t have a second system running the server. Linux never made it live. I had it running a second copy of the site internally for all of about 30 minutes before formatting it and putting Windows back on.

Ben

[ IcarusIndie.com | recycledrussianbrides.com ]

Will Post For Food
Advertisement
Weeeeee!

Its back up!
The Great Sephiroth: Do you actually want people to use linux or not. That kind of stuff is just going to scare people who want to migrate to Linux. You have good points I''m not not denying that.Linux is useful if you want to use a few old systems for specific tasks. But it''s still nice to have a GUI when your getting used to it. As you get used to linux you do tend to leave X behind anyway. Linux has its merits as a Desktop OS too.

One example where Linux is useful if you have a GUI AND a server running. My friend runs a net cafe, has a network server running Linux, which he uses to admin everything as well. Okay the network stuff runs in the background but all the admin is useful on to have a GUI for. Combine them both and it becomes even more powerful.

Oh Linux Preachers Unite! Down is the spawn of satan Bily Gates and his evil empire, run by his minions.

Linux, Linux I love you so,
I just have to let the windows users know.
That Linux is the one true OS for all,
Where you can compile your own kernal and more (whoopee)!

Little Linux penguin your a ray of light,
Make the night shine with X-Win bright,
So the windows budgies can use "point and click",
And feel right at home with a useless brick.

I use the console because I''m a real computer geek,
I have an inferiority complex about being a Linux freak.
I preach the Linux word so others may see,
That they too can build their own custom kernal and GCC.
(rather than coding a game that would be worth anything!)

Now I have nothing against Linux or windows (but I *hate* M$ for their business practices!) or any other OS. One thing that I am completely sick of is the Linux Preacher! However, I do love watching them ark up over a computer OS

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement