Historical Accuracy

Started by
3 comments, last by DarkMage139 23 years, 10 months ago
What do you guys think about games that are set in a certain time in human history? Or about being historically accurate in games? - DarkMage139 "Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!" "Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
Advertisement
I have no problem with these games personally. Would i want to design/work on one? Thats another story.

I personally see these games the same way i view games that are designed via a licence. Usually they are crap :-) but sometimes, sometimes...thats another story!

The hard thing about myself believing that historically correct games are good it trying to understand where the fun element comes in.

The worst element about historically correct games is there are "sometimes" misleading facts that have been put in for the sake of enjoyment. This really stuffs thing up from time to time.

It''s got to be one of the hardest types ofgames to make and be interested in.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I agree with Paul.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
I have great respect for any designer who can SUCCESSFULLY pull off a historically accurate plot and still have it be interesting.

Case in point: Jane Jenson. GK2 and GK3 were nearly DEAD accurate but extremely interesting.

------------------------------
Changing the future of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
LOL.. working on one of these next, and i think Landfish wants one now.. hehe.

They''re good if done right, and not totally on the ball in some cases. Others you just hafta know there''s a small set of people who will like it.
You can take the rock star approach.. make one pop song, and then make it big.. and then write what you want. Take Creed as an example. Did you know they classify themselves as a Jesus Rock band? hehe It''s true, too.. look at their last two songs "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open" they''re both VERY religious in meaning, and the last one is hyper religious in text.. and it''s still a great song. I just hope more bands like this with some sort of message come along.. i think Eminem counts in this realm.. anyone who bashes the pop culture after being a part of it.. hehe

J

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement