Transparent mesh

Started by
2 comments, last by The C modest god 20 years, 6 months ago
What is the simpleset way to make a D3DXMesh object semi transparent (transculent)?
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
Materials.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..
I have set materials .a argument to a different value but it didnt alpha blend.
I ment how to change a mesh alpha via software code not in the object file itself.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
The TextureFactor might work out better.
You can use TextureFactor like this:

pDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTS_COLOROP, D3DTOP_MODULATE );
pDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTS_COLORARG1, D3DTA_TEXTURE ); // use texture colors
pDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTS_COLORARG2, D3DTOP_TFACTOR ); // modulated with texturefactor

pDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_SELECTARG1 ); // use texturefactor for alpha blending
pDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTS_ALPHAARG1, D3DTA_TFACTOR );

pDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_TEXTUREFACTOR, 0x88FFFFFF ); // D3DCOLOR_ARGB() can be used

--
You're Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on October 13, 2003 1:52:58 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement