Feedback required....

Started by
28 comments, last by jpardon 20 years, 4 months ago
Hello, I was wondering if there''s any chance of some technical feedback on my game? I''ve included a debug exe that''ll show the frame rate etc. I''d really like to get some PC specs and the frame rate it runs at on those computers. I''d also like some people with little graphics card memory to tell me if they get any jerkyness in the frame rate... http://www.jeremypardon.com/parp/pages/downloads.html Much appreciated. Jez.
www.JeremyPardon.com
Advertisement
Kool or wot? That is sweet

Running on an RM 1.8ghz with 64MB Intel(r) Graphics Card it runs a treat

Running on a Higrade 2.2ghz laptop 64mb NVidia Grahics Card even better.

Wots it programmed in? I''m learning the DX9 using VB.Net
(Visual Basic .NET) www.elpuerco.co.uk
Wow, nice game Runs perfectly onna athlon 1.1giga with 256 ram and a gforce 3 ti 200 ( 32 or 64 ram, im not sure )

-www.penten.tk-

[edited by - Penten on December 16, 2003 10:46:34 AM]
NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB.
Above 60-70.

Excellent gameplay. Excellent graphics. Excellent music. Excellent interface.
I love it.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..
Wow, cool. That''s good to hear.

Hog: It''s programmed in DirectX9 C++, well C really but I calling their C++ functions

Now anyone got a really crap machine to try it on

Cheers you guys! Much appreciated
www.JeremyPardon.com
Here are my testing scenerios using parp_debug.exe:

Case 1
------
Toshiba Satellite 5005-S507 laptop
Video card: nVidia GeForce 440 Go
Frame rates were 33-35 fps ingame (windowed 800x600), 67-68 fps at menu.
System specs: 1.4 GHz Pentium III, 512M RAM
How the game felt: Acceptably smooth

Case 2
------
Dell Optiplex GX260
Video card: Intel Extreme Graphics Controller (sw vp)
Frame rates were 23-24 fps ingame (windowed 800x600), 16-17 fps at menu.
System specs: 2.6 GHz Pentium 4, 512M RAM
Note: Initially failed with error "d3d9.dll missing" due to missing DX9. Installed DX9 to get those figures above.
How the game felt: A little choppy, but still acceptable.

Case 3
------
Custom built PC
Video card: Cirrus Logic 5480
System specs: Dual 500 Mhz Pentium III (Xeon), 384M RAM
Error: Game reports in a dialog: "Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices. This sample will now exit."
How the game felt: NA

You owe me one, Jeremy.

---
[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]]
--- - 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
So have you created this game all by yourself for fun or is this a business development?
(Visual Basic .NET) www.elpuerco.co.uk
FenrirWolf:

No messing...sweet cheers That all sounds pretty good. I''m running on a hi-end workstation, so I get some great frame rates, which is why I thought I''d better check `out there` what people have. Long as people get around 30 fps I''m happy. A little optimising work to do then Case 2 looks very interesting. Slower on the titles screen than in game...Hmmm.... Case 3, do any dx9 games work on that machine to your knowledge?

Hog:
Just little old me I''m afraid. Been working on it now for 3 years on and off...Reckon it''ll be complete, with proper animated characters and finished level graphics, ready for next christmas.

Thanks again everyone. Much appreciated
Jez.
www.JeremyPardon.com
Man this was seriously awesome. Sure you did this all by yourself? =) Ran smoothly on my system.

AMD 1.7Ghz
512 RAM
Gf 4 ti4200 128 mb
SB Live value
Nice game! Love the graphics!

Ran like a dream on my system:
P4 2.6C
512 Dual400
Radeon 9800 128Mb
SB Audigy 2

In fullscreen 1280x1024 with 4x FSAA and 8x AF, maintained a constant ~200fps. That''s great stuff!

A few quick notes from the my 5-minutes of gameplay (I''m supposed to be studying I''ll play more later):

- For your "fire strength bar", you can see the very top of the "bar portion" (red gradient) outside the top of the border. Very minor but also easy to fix.
- Can we have control over how far we have to move the joystick/gamepad before it registers as "turn"? Even better, add support for analog input (turn speed variable)! Currently the game is pretty hard to play on a joystick or analog stick on a gamepad.

Great stuff though! Oh man was I blown away when I got to the third level with the lava and bridges. It''s just so polished!

Keep it up, and I''ll post back tomorrow night with more observations (after exams are over).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement