Writers Block

Started by
9 comments, last by code_fx 20 years, 4 months ago
I know exactly how you feel because when I first started at the university I''m at now, we were taught OOP by learning Java. I was just like you, a C++ addict, coding night and day, but when java came it somehow completely washed away. I learned to like the versaility of Java and its uses, but I still didn''t get it back.

I can''t say that your and my situations can be solved the same way but who knows? My solution? Easy. As soon as I got some spare time on the classes or at home, I''d open up my favourite Java API and learn stuff about the OpenGL extensions for it. It''s quite great, since I knew that whatever I make in the language, it will be runnable on most computers. So, when I felt I knew enough I started a small 2D OpenGL game. With Java it went fast and was pretty painless as well and fun. When I was done it was a really fun game (a top-view action game) and all my friends loved it as well.

Also, the spark takes time. Let time pass, before you know it you''ll wake up one morning with an insane urge to program. The important thing is that while you have the block you should relax and do other things that you enjoy. Don''t worry about the block, they always go away.
-----------------------------Final Frontier Trader

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement