Feedback needed

Started by
9 comments, last by sunhp2 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello everyone here! First, I wish to you a happy new year 2004 ! I made a new version on a 3D game shooter called Halloween. And I'd like very much if you could have a try and tell me as many feedbacks as you can about this new version 1.999_v2 of the game, Thanks a lot ! Here is the file: Grab it here Best regards and happy coding Julien Meyer. Email: contact@jadeware.org [edited by - sunhp2 on January 7, 2004 7:41:25 PM]
Advertisement
The game ran fine on my comp:

WinXP
Athlon 2800
512 MB RAM
Radeon 9200 128 MB

There is a "suggestion" that i would make, in the game when you use the axe it remains in the middle of the screen afterwards which hampers you view - perhaps have it lower down so you could see better?

Apart from that i didn't have any trouble besides the fact you only detect mouse clicks from a right-handed mouse set-up which did cause a few problems as i'm a leftie

My 2D game engine

[edited by - Spudder on January 7, 2004 2:34:27 PM]
a game called ''halloween'', with an inverted 666. Does it involve hacking people to death with large rusty weapons? gibblets flying eveywhere? I''ve gotta try that...

Everything is better with Metal.

Hell yes,
It's not the great Quake or Doom series though !

[edited by - sunhp2 on January 7, 2004 7:43:26 PM]
quote:Original post by Spudder
The game ran fine on my comp:

WinXP
Athlon 2800
512 MB RAM
Radeon 9200 128 MB

There is a "suggestion" that i would make, in the game when you use the axe it remains in the middle of the screen afterwards which hampers you view - perhaps have it lower down so you could see better?

Apart from that i didn't have any trouble besides the fact you only detect mouse clicks from a right-handed mouse set-up which did cause a few problems as i'm a leftie

Thank you very much Spudder for your try !

Just a question : did you notice a lightmapping flickering in tne first indoor training map (not the church outdoor map) ?
It seems that we got a bug with ATI cards, so I wonder if it's fixed.

Also, did you succeed to complete the first indoor training map ? It seems to be a bit too tricky to find all letters..

Last, I think you could change the game control keys, even the mouse clicks.

Best regards !
Julien Meyer

[edited by - sunhp2 on January 7, 2004 7:56:01 PM]
hmm... Do I see a Quake familiarity there?

Man, you look like you spend quite some time on it.

ok... two problems I noticed.

I have some z-fighting issues, like the shadow map doesn''t get decaled properly.

I could not get Mouse3 binded to the action button. But my mouse is a bit dodgy anyway. I can''t get it to work properly in Quake3.

Apart from that, everything looks fine. good job

- ATI Radeon 9700
- Athlon 1700+
- 512 DDR ram
- Logitech Dual Optical mouse.

same z-fighting problem on the second level. I've seen some culling issues too. Some objects dissappear (one of the green monsters at the start of the second level, and part of the ledge on the right at the start of the first level, when you stand on the potion thing).

[edited by - oliii on January 7, 2004 7:54:04 PM]

quote:Original post by oliii
hmm... Do I see a Quake familiarity there?

Man, you look like you spend quite some time on it.

ok... two problems I noticed.

I have some z-fighting issues, like the shadow map doesn't get decaled properly.

I could not get Mouse3 binded to the action button. But my mouse is a bit dodgy anyway. I can't get it to work properly in Quake3.

Apart from that, everything looks fine. good job

- ATI Radeon 9700
- Athlon 1700+
- 512 DDR ram
- Logitech Dual Optical mouse.

Ya, my friends and me spent DAMN LOT of time on this game since we made it from scratch ! Ok it's far from perfect though..

Thanks a lot for your try too man !
Dammned, there still is a zbuffer fight.. could I post some C/OpenGL stuff code here or not ?

Yes I didn't handled the Mouse3 action button. It's my fault.

Best regards !
Julien Meyer

[edited by - sunhp2 on January 7, 2004 8:03:32 PM]
quote:Original post by sunhp2
Dammned, there still is a zbuffer fight.. could I post some C/OpenGL stuff code here or not ?

that''s what the forum''s for. if it''s sufficiently small and documented. This looks like it should be relatively easy to fix.

Allright, cool, so here is the fonction I call to display each map faces with lightmappings. If anyone could find a zbuffer fight problem with this piece of code.. Thanks !

Julien.

void shader_Lightmap(pFace pCurr)
{
int line;
int col;
int i;

if(!pCurr)
return;

gl_BindTexture(pCurr->TextureID);

glEnable(GL_BLEND);
glBlendFunc(GL_ZERO,GL_SRC_COLOR);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);

gl_BindTexture((int)(txid_LIGHTMAP_N[0] + (pCurr->LightID*ONEOVER256)));

line = (int)((pCurr->LightID%256) * ONEOVER16);
col = (pCurr->LightID%256) % 16;

glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL);
glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES);
for(i=0 ; i<3 ; i++)
{
glTexCoord2f((pCurr->Vertice.U_lm+col)*ONEOVER16,(pCurr->Vertice.V_lm+line)*ONEOVER16);<br>glVertex3f(pCurr->Vertice.X,pCurr->Vertice.Y,pCurr->Vertice.Z);<br> }<br> glEnd();<br> glDepthFunc(GL_LESS);<br> glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);<br> glDisable(GL_BLEND);<br>} </i>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement